2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
23 games played and tired, I don't think he's played a full season since his first season at Madrid, astounding with the gaps between games he's had Injured he's still felling "fatigued".

Footballers live a charmed life don't they, get paid a king's ransom every week and can miss work for being tired.

I'm expecting a stellar game on Sunday from him, energized and pulling the strings against a City team that will be mostly rested for the CL final.

To be fair, having an injury often leaves you more fatigued. Being injured isn't just chilling out. If he has a problem, that can make training/playing much more difficult and painful. Additionally, if it is a problem that causes discomfort, it means you can't achieve or maintain a certain level of fitness.

I can't get my head around people assuming that the training and games he has missed with an existing problem will somehow make the lad fitter. It was the same with Gbamin. People not understanding that a player who has barely been able to kick a ball, has probably struggled to walk for large chunks of the last 2 years, should come back fresh as a daisy and play a season unscathed because he hasn't played for a year so he must be in tip top shape. Honestly, the logic gaps in here, It's like some of you have never experienced even a mild injury before.

Christ almighty.

Everyone knows the reason we were able to sign him, is cause he’s crocked and can’t play week in, week out.

Yet some experts on social media are wanting rid. Sorry, let’s bin our best player off.

Let’s get real here.
This.

Baffling some of the reactions towards him. What he’s done here is precisely who he is. It’s the reason a 29 year old cost nothing.

Said it a few times, he has the body of a 35 year old. The accumulation of injuries, the prolonged periods out recovering over the years, his body is less durable as a result, so he gets knackered (“fatigued”) much quicker than other pros. James Milner at 35 is much more durable (albeit he’s not the norm). Rodriquez will show flashes of his quality, but he needs legs around him to do the running for him, and he will miss games at intervals throughout a season. It’s entirely predictable. 24 games or thereabouts in a 38 game season is actually really good for someone in his state.

Oh I'm eternally grateful that he made the effort to play a bit of a few games, lucky old Everton, eh?

Absolute fanny! Kick him out please Carlo. It sickens me that Everton bent over for him and let him play when he feels like it, no place in real football for that kind of person, imo.. certainly not a type I can give my support to.
Who are we?

Poor Darling...total wuss

LOL - listen to yourselves, its almost like you're upset at how the season went and you're looking for someone to blame? He didn't even play the second half of the year, not exactly responsible for the crap performances at home is he? How bout getting upset at people who were actually on the pitch? Can you blame Eden Hazard for being injured, its 'frustrating' sure, but getting rid of Eden Hazard isn't actually going to solve the problem is it?

If James was actually NOT good, you wouldn't be all in a tissy moaning about it, but he's one of the best in the world when he's actually fit so that's why it hurts. I didn't hear about Delph, and yet he wasn't in the lineup against Wolves. I said the same thing in the Gbamin thread, the epitome of a sick note player, but its not like he broke his own knee just to sit at home and collect his wage.

And to all the people who want him to 'play through the pain', he did multiple times this season and then sat out for weeks afterwards. Surely if you can give Delph two years (who has played a grand total of 24 games for Everton according to Wikipedia) you can give James two years here.

LOL - listen to yourselves, its almost like you're upset at how the season went and you're looking for someone to blame? He didn't even play the second half of the year, not exactly responsible for the crap performances at home is he? How bout getting upset at people who were actually on the pitch? Can you blame Eden Hazard for being injured, its 'frustrating' sure, but getting rid of Eden Hazard isn't actually going to solve the problem is it?

If James was actually NOT good, you wouldn't be all in a tissy moaning about it, but he's one of the best in the world when he's actually fit so that's why it hurts. I didn't hear about Delph, and yet he wasn't in the lineup against Wolves. I said the same thing in the Gbamin thread, the epitome of a sick note player, but its not like he broke his own knee just to sit at home and collect his wage.

And to all the people who want him to 'play through the pain', he did multiple times this season and then sat out for weeks afterwards. Surely if you can give Delph two years (who has played a grand total of 24 games for Everton according to Wikipedia) you can give James two years here.
That's a big problem.

There is no shortage of criticism of the other players.

Real Madrid are trying to get rid of Hazard. Big clubs are not sentimental. Hazard is not exactly known for being the professional type who takes care of his body.

Long since JR has been injury free for a long time, and it is also a long time since he has been considered one of the best. This is just a fantasy that some Everton fans have.

We do not need to keep repeating mistakes. Delph is also not hyped as one of the world's best players.

No, but as I understood it, he was not in the stadium either. A contrast from players like Thiago Silva who are cheering on their teammates from the stands.

I wasn't happy he didn't even get a name in the squad tonight. I'd have liked to think he'd be there with the team as well.

I think it's pathetic either way. he should be able to feature for 10 minutes if needed but even having a place on the bench would surely have been useful if we'd had needed him.

I hope he's going to be here next season but today is the first time I thought he might not be, if it really is just 'fatigue'.
This is the thing. If he stays, which I really hope he does, then it's about getting the players in to really compliment him and also take the strain off, and make sure when he's not fit the fall back isn't Gyfli.

But, I'm fuming if he cried it off tonight. First match in front of fans. And was he even on the pitch at the end? Very least he should have been in the ground.

You've just 100% put words into my mouth. If you're going to quote my posts, at least stick to the point of what I'm saying.

As if he’ll be available for the City game lol He’s probably already away prepping for the national team games.

I would use him as a sub in that game if the circumstances suit and we need a goal.

Let's be honest, it's going to be proper backs to the wall. His best impact could be in the final 20 mins.

Christ almighty.

Wveryone knows the reason we were able to sign him, is cause he’s crocked and can’t play week in, week out.

Yet some experts on social media are wanting rid. Sorry, let’s bin our best player off.

Let’s get real here.
If he, as you say, 'is crocked and can't play week in or week out', then I don't want him here. If he's our best and most central player, and he's out half of every season, where does that leave us for the other half of a season? with a MASSIVE hole in our team and style of play! That is not a sensible way to approach a season, or a good way to build a team.

I think ancelotti explained it quite well. Obviously the tired thing has been jumped on. He said he knows when and when not to play him and he thought he wouldnt have got energy out of him against wolves a few days after sheff utd.
The hook of course is he best turn up v man city.

He’s checked the weather forecast and has confirmed that he is still too tired for the City game.

I still hold VVD (God rest his leg/soul) fully responsible for derailing our season.

A fit James and we would be comfortably top four.
Yes VVD clattered James early doors but that's never been mentioned in the media.
I found it strange though that ,according to the Echo , James watched the game at home in Formby .Too tired to get down to Goodison ?

Status
Not open for further replies.