2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, how about in these terms do you want Sigurdsson for 99% or James for 65%? I know which I'd rather have.

The trick is to get Rodriguez playing more games by managing him better. If we had a better team we could sub him off once a game is wrapped up, so he'll make the 75% + you are looking for.

Let's see who we get to improve the team to help all our players stay fit. One things for sure we are not going to find a more productive player when available than James. Once/if we become a superpower to buy world class players that are always fit then we can readdress the situation.

Definitely.

James may not be having an impact at the moment on the field but his jersey sales are at least making his time, regardless of him playing or not, worth it for the team in terms of growing a fan base in Colombia and around the world. The marketing exposure Everton is gaining because of James can't be underestimated.

Screenshot_20210324-063756~2.png

Everton reports an exponential growth in the sale of the James Rodríguez jersey with the number 19 . The Liverpool press highlights the satisfaction in the club for the country's fever with the midfielder.

The Toffee fans expanded in Colombia with the arrival of their star signing in September . That was among the plans of its marketing department when its presentation was made official, but it was more surprising with the level it reached.

The local Liverpool Echo newspaper pointed out that there is a festive atmosphere in the club due to the requests of the fans with the James shirt.

" Everton is baffled by the impact of the arrival of James Rodriguez in their country , as that love story grows," he explained in a report.

Lines later, he expanded: "Sales grew by 6000 percent." The 19 shirt can be obtained for 70 euros.

Meanwhile, the midfielder continues to recover from his physical discomfort. Without playing since March 1 , he could reappear on April 5 for the Premier League game against Crystal Palace .

In his first season in English football, he has 18 games and five goals.

Not really because, and here’s the crazy thing, to win things, you need a SQUAD. Gomes, Sig and Gbamin won’t be starters next season, but they will be needed as squad options to cover for Allan, Doucoure and James

So in other word's next season to be just like now and the same Everton team that has again failed to get into a semi final of either of the domestic cups or qualify for Europe..? Not entirely convinced they will finish in the euro spots but lets see, even if they do they have no hope in Europe unless they dump all them players for ones of better quality

Gomes, Sigs, Delph, Gbamin have shown nothing that they deserve to be even sub material over performances (or lack of) from the last 2/3 years so either we are talking different teams here or have some widely different expectations on the club?

If it was your 400 million pounds and not Mr Moshiri's would you be happy to be continually underachieving and have worse squad than say Leicester, who by all accounts are superior to Everton right now? Everton are not much better than Leeds, heck even Southampton at one stage of the season looked better

I haven't seen anyone defending Delph on here. Nor have I seen anyone suggest that Sigurdsson and Gomes are what we need to take us to the next level.
What you will see is people recognising that they are what we have available at the moment. And discussing their relative merits in that context.

That is not the impression I am getting from many however, I raised this issue last year about dead wood in fact when my account was 'reincarnated' and I remember getting the usual jibes and middle fingers.

So in other word's next season to be just like now and the same Everton team that has again failed to get into a semi final of either of the domestic cups or qualify for Europe..? Not entirely convinced they will finish in the euro spots but lets see, even if they do they have no hope in Europe unless they dump all them players for ones of better quality

Gomes, Sigs, Delph, Gbamin have shown nothing that they deserve to be even sub material over performances (or lack of) from the last 2/3 years so either we are talking different teams here or have some widely different expectations on the club?

If it was your 400 million pounds and not Mr Moshiri's would you be happy to be continually underachieving and have worse squad than say Leicester, who by all accounts are superior to Everton right now? Everton are not much better than Leeds, heck even Southampton at one stage of the season looked better
Funny for a supposed blue to use ‘they’ rather than ‘we’ in relation to the team they support

Definitely just needs to be managed better, he is a definite starter on a one game winner takes all situation but in terms of over a season, to get the best out of him without completely burning him out? Maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.