2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because there is no one else to replace them -

Do you think any of them would even get into a match day squad for a top side.

Everyone knows the answer - unless fans of Delph or people who are blind that is

I sometimes wonder is this an actual Everton forum, a club who has won nothing since 1995 and people banging on about useless players that seemingly are worth playing week in week out.

Are we talking about the same team here?
I haven't seen anyone defending Delph on here. Nor have I seen anyone suggest that Sigurdsson and Gomes are what we need to take us to the next level.
What you will see is people recognising that they are what we have available at the moment. And discussing their relative merits in that context.

It would be great if he was fit for 75% of games but he isn’t, is he?

OK, how about in these terms do you want Sigurdsson for 99% or James for 65%? I know which I'd rather have.

The trick is to get Rodriguez playing more games by managing him better. If we had a better team we could sub him off once a game is wrapped up, so he'll make the 75% + you are looking for.

Let's see who we get to improve the team to help all our players stay fit. One things for sure we are not going to find a more productive player when available than James. Once/if we become a superpower to buy world class players that are always fit then we can readdress the situation.

He is an utter joyless little cretin. He is incapable of enjoying watching great football players play football because all he sees is numbers and graphs and bar charts. Utter utter snail of a man is Ricky.
The weirdest part is if you're not putting all these qualifiers on it Sigurdsson is a pretty poor player. I mean even giving him all the set piece stuff he's not very good. And this dude digs in and finds all these angles. It's frustrating to watch because it is why people do the whole "stats aren't real" thing.

Not really because, and here’s the crazy thing, to win things, you need a SQUAD. Gomes, Sig and Gbamin won’t be starters next season, but they will be needed as squad options to cover for Allan, Doucoure and James

Two of them should be nowhere near the squad.

OK, how about in these terms do you want Sigurdsson for 99% or James for 65%? I know which I'd rather have.

The trick is to get Rodriguez playing more games by managing him better. If we had a better team we could sub him off once a game is wrapped up, so he'll make the 75% + you are looking for.

Let's see who we get to improve the team to help all our players stay fit. One things for sure we are not going to find a more productive player when available than James. Once/if we become a superpower to buy world class players that are always fit then we can readdress the situation.

Exactly this. We need an attacking midfielder and a right winger. We we treat James as the 12th man using him in either role depending on the opposition. Against lesser teams he starts on the bench and we bring him on if needed. If we get 20 starts and 9 sub appearances in the league that is the required 75% games. If we get another 20 games in Europe/Cup competitions 10 starts 5 sub appearances will also achieve this. Its about having players to come in and using the injury prone star man sparingly.

Ricky needs serious help. I say this as someone who is genuinely concerned about his mental well being at this point. He wakes up, argues with people on Twitter about Sigurdsson, (maybe) eats, argues with people on Twitter about Sigurdsson, goes to bed, then repeats the cycle. After a peruse through his previous tweets from the past week, that appears to be his entire life. He isn’t a well man at all, he seems constantly stressed/angry. I wonder if someone on here could reach out to him over Twitter, if he’ll accept the help?

Status
Not open for further replies.