2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to keep reminding our kopite chums - there is a world class footballer playing his trade in the city of Liverpool, but he don't play in red and it definitely ain't Thiago aquilani!

What a player James is, and he's ours, bloody magic.

My grandad would have loved watching him play for us, going by what he told me about the golden vision.

I have just worked out who he reminds me of from the past.
Probably going to get stick for this as the game has changed , and James is far more
skillful , and from a totally different background.
For those old enough it's Dobbo , Martin Dobson.
Never blessed with pace , but silky smooth passer , with an eye for a killer pass , and an intellect that gave him more time , to compensate for a perceived lack of pace.
Loved Dobbo , love this fella.

I think we're on course for between 8th - 12th which is why I said 10th, so I'll negotiate with you at 9th instead to be fair. But tbh there is no difference between 8th and 12th apart from about 5m in prize money. Still rubbish placing that gets us nothing.

Will propose a different bet - loser buys the other a GOT sub for a month. ;) I'll get happily lose!

I'm am a very compassionate person and I like you Bullens. So to save you some face that you are not completely full of BS ill take 9th or lower and original bet penalty stands.

We have a bet?

As long as there is nothing obscene in the picture I am happy with that. Hoping to be humiliated in the coming months. x

I am officially gonna miss watching the first derby since 2005.

I have had enough pain waking up at 5 AM down in Oz watching the negative mindset in the some of the last *easier* games at home.

I won't be losing any sleep over this one. Everton might as well not turn up amd forfeit the game. Utter cowards.
Ouch. X

There's going to be one almighty scramble for 4th in the league, and about six teams, imo, are capable of grabbing it. I sure hope we can nick it.

Obviously James being fit will play a big part in where we finish.

Hopefully we don't get a number of injuries any time soon as we could plummet towards mid-table - we know we cannot handle more than about one key injury at any one time.

More of Saturday, and much less of what we witnessed the six days before it, please Blues. :dance:

I've just watched the goal again.

He literally takes the ball down, look up, weights a through ball

All in a second

You gotta love that
In all truth it baffles me that so few top flight footballers can do this. I've done it my whole life in football* and I never played at any special level - its about seeing and knowing where the ball is going to go next before you even receive it. Its not asking a lot, but so many pros need to stop it and look around a bit for what seems like an age - or long enough to get closed down.

^the major drawback is that at the level I played at people equate you shipping the ball on quickly with a one touch pass, with you not WANTING the ball so they end up booting it past!

My old man is 82 mate and he 'kin loves him. Even said he's better than Alex Young who he loved but "flattered to deceive" too often.
My dad would only have been a touch younger. He loved Alex Young too.

One day it'll be us in our 80's remembering the likes of James.

James Rodriguez, whose clever pass set up Richarlison for Everton's opener, has spoken of his delight at being part of the the first Blues side to triumph over Liverpool at Anfield since 1999.

Sport Witness quote the Colombia star as telling Marca Claro:

“It was tough. Everyone knows that Liverpool is a great team. I think it’s a team that is in the top 3 of those who play football well. I’m happy to have helped my team win today.
"Since 1999, Everton haven’t won (at Anfield), so we’ve made history. I’m happy I was there. I hope we can continue well.
“I am happy. We all know it is a new stage for me. Almost 30 years old, I am fine. I am happy for every new thing that is added to my life. It all adds up.”
On the challenge he is facing playing in the Premier League, James added:

“Something tough is coming for Everton. Everyone knows that in the Premier League every three days, every game, it’s like a final.
"You have to be ready and have a strong mind to win.
"We (James and Carlo Ancelotti) always want to win.
"There are games in which things go well and others in which things go wrong. Football is very physical now.
"There are teams that don’t have much quality, but they want to win by force, making fouls.
"We are ready in each game and what we do want is to play well. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t, but hey… it’s part of football.”

Status
Not open for further replies.