2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember how he was a washed up has been who was coming to a club where stars go to retire after flipping a coin between us and West Ham.

There are actually still a few reds that I know trying to push that theory, its embarassing, but not one of them will admit they were wrong: 'hes started alright like, we'll see if he can be consistent over a season tho' o_O

He looks happy to play.

Im not sure it is just that; he could be playing in any club, and would be a regular starter in most. The happiness you see in his face now is a lot more than just playing time. It has a lot to do with Don Carlo, but it is not just that either. It seems to me that something magical has clicked inside the club, where they all seem to be having a great time together.

Please note the way he is celebrating goals, it is just as he celebrates them for Colombia; very different from his celebrations at Madrid or Bayern. He does not run facing the public alone ( as he did in Spain andGermany), but towards his teammates. It may be because there is no public now. But if you watch old Colombian games, you see the same. He just run to his friends. They have fun!

There is some Everton charm, part from history, part from the local competition, part from Goodison, I dont know... there is some magic that has brought many elements together to coalesce around a deeply shared goal. More than money or trophies, oddly enough these guys seem to want to play good football. My two cents.

Im not sure it is just that; he could be playing in any club, and would be a regular starter in most. The happiness you see in his face now is a lot more than just playing time. It has a lot to do with Don Carlo, but it is not just that either. It seems to me that something magical has clicked inside the club, where they all seem to be having a great time together.

Please note the way he is celebrating goals, it is just as he celebrates them for Colombia; very different from his celebrations at Madrid or Bayern. He does not run facing the public alone ( as he did in Spain andGermany), but towards his teammates. It may be because there is no public now. But if you watch old Colombian games, you see the same. He just run to his friends. They have fun!

There is some Everton charm, part from history, part from the local competition, part from Goodison, I dont know... there is some magic that has brought many elements together to coalesce around a deeply shared goal. More than money or trophies, oddly enough these guys seem to want to play good football. My two cents.
Second part of your post is why I fell on love with Everton. But today when we as supporters see it with passion and love, unfortunatelly football is more and more just buiseness. I was joking with my post. Of course he is happy, Carlo know what he will get with him as so James know what he will get with Carlo. Also pressure is much lower than in Bayern or Real...

Second part of your post is why I fell on love with Everton. But today when we as supporters see it with passion and love, unfortunatelly football is more and more just buiseness. I was joking with my post. Of course he is happy, Carlo know what he will get with him as so James know what he will get with Carlo. Also pressure is much lower than in Bayern or Real...
Good points.
Regarding pressure at Bayern and Madrid, I cannot beguin to imagine how it is. Yet, somehow think this is a factor for James either. He’s the kind of guy that seems to thrive under pressure; he’s been almost pressure-thirsty since he left home very early, I think at 13 or so, to play in Argentina. And nothing more pressure crazy than world cup. Nop. I think pressure is not the issue with James, as much as a thirst to feel loved

I f you are really an Evertonian there is no need to ask this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.