2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Venezuela and Chile are missing a ton of players, as are we, but they have less depth than us.

Hoping for quick wins and 70 minute games for James

Venezuela have never been any good have they? Am I right in thinking they’re the only Comnebol side yet to qualify for a World Cup?

Should be an easy 45 minutes for James (I hope).

Venezuela have never been any good have they? Am I right in thinking they’re the only Comnebol side yet to qualify for a World Cup?

Interesting stat, did not know that. According to wikipedia, Venezuela withdrew from the qualifiers for Sweden '58, declined participation for Chile '62 and again withdrew from Germany '74.

Not an expert on Venezuelan history but the reason might be various internal conflicts?

Venezuela has come a long way in making the games competitive, especially against us. They know how to park the bus and play the counter. Very Mourinhi style team. They always give us problems but a lot of their players are MLS based and MLS was allowed by FIFA not to release the players so they are really short staffed.

Colombians are riding hot right now at their clubs. Hope we kill it off in 45 mins, but you never really know in CONMEBOL

Venezuela has come a long way in making the games competitive, especially against us. They know how to park the bus and play the counter. Very Mourinhi style team. They always give us problems but a lot of their players are MLS based and MLS was allowed by FIFA not to release the players so they are really short staffed.

Colombians are riding hot right now at their clubs. Hope we kill it off in 45 mins, but you never really know in CONMEBOL

I think the only two established Venezuelans I’m familiar with are Rondon (not in the team) and Amorebieta, played for Athletic Club and Middlesbrough, but don’t think he’s playing nowadays.

Some lesser knows like peñaranda, who was at my Spanish side, but surely a side littered with top draw players shouldn’t be losing at home. Regardless of whether it’s a rivalry.

Interesting stuff but did I understand you correctly....the MLS clubs dont have to release players for this competition, but we gave to?

Interesting stuff but did I understand you correctly....the MLS clubs dont have to release players for this competition, but we gave to?

Apparently based on the country's quarantine rules. MLS and China were able to block players from going because they would have to quarantine players upon return. I guess it's different in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.