2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked knackered in the 2nd half. That was a fast paced game too so he will benefit a lot from that. The only criticism is how he was getting back in the 2nd half to cover Coleman after an attack from us. So so glad he plays for us though. Quality when on the ball.
He ran out of steam in the 2nd half, but he did kick to monster corner kicks and in one play he was able to get the team out of the jam with like 5 Palace players around him. A player of his quality, even if they are not playing well, can always make a difference.

It's a shame our manager hasn't managed James several times, along with several other world class playmakers so that he can understand how to get the best out of him :(

Oh, wait...
I think being out wide suits him and the team the most for us. In the middle he'd have to contribute more defensively and i'm not actually sure he'd get as much room as he does for us now, He's essentially givena free role off the right hand side to come inside and be our play maker. It's balanced and it's winning us games.

Ancelotti knows how to play James better than any other manager in the world, And better than any fan in the world.

Why would we change something that's working so well.

It's a shame our manager hasn't managed James several times, along with several other world class playmakers so that he can understand how to get the best out of him :(

Oh, wait...

Oh maybe the manager hasn't got the personnel to move James central as all his wingers are utter turd.

Bolasie
Walcott
Iwobi
Bernard (miles better centrally)

I think being out wide suits him and the team the most for us. In the middle he'd have to contribute more defensively and i'm not actually sure he'd get as much room as he does for us now, He's essentially givena free role off the right hand side to come inside and be our play maker. It's balanced and it's winning us games.

Ancelotti knows how to play James better than any other manager in the world, And better than any fan in the world.

Why would we change something that's working so well.
I don't think I've agreed more with a post on here in ages. Spot on. The free role he has is exactly why he's been so effective, as he can't be marked. If we play him as a number 10, all the opposition have to do is stick a midfielder on him for 90 minutes.

Oh maybe the manager hasn't got the personnel to move James central as all his wingers are utter turd.

Bolasie
Walcott
Iwobi
Bernard (miles better centrally)
There could be a thousand reasons - but regardless what the reason is, my point was I'm going to trust Ancelotti on this...

There could be a thousand reasons - but regardless what the reason is, my point was I'm going to trust Ancelotti on this...

And you are entitled to think that way - the funny thing is if we all had that mindset you may aswell shutdown the forum if you can only agree with whatever the manager,brands,players,club etc say, decide or act.

And you are entitled to think that way - the funny thing is if we all had that mindset you may aswell shutdown the forum if you can only agree with whatever the manager,brands,players,club etc say, decide or act.
Didn't say you can't express an opinion - just politely suggesting that it's wrong.

Didn't say you can't express an opinion - just politely suggesting that it's wrong.

I've seen posters suggest Bernard plays better central yet Silva & Ancelotti up until recently played him out wide regulary.

So by your logic those posters were also wrong when they actually weren't...

I've seen posters suggest Bernard plays better central yet Silva & Ancelotti up until recently played him out wide regulary.

So by your logic those posters were also wrong when they actually weren't...
Good lord.

You said James is 'wasted' out wide (which is ludicrous by any standards). I'm simply pointing out that Ancelotti has managed him at 3 different clubs and has played him out wide regularly - and he obviously understands how to get the best out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.