2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just random but I always used to think the theme for Italian football said Gooooaaaaall Lazio, I was convinced it was cos gazza played for them haha, it was years before I found out it was accio haha
I thought the same, and for the same reason.

Fabulous show. James Richardson presenting. Peter Brackley commentating, iirc Wollstonehome doing the other scores/highlights, Joe Jordan, Paul Elliott, Ray Wilkins among the pundits.

No league has ever been as stacked full of world class players like Serie A was. Fiorentina (probably the 7th or 8th best team in the league) with Bastituta and Rui Costa. La Liga still had quality too (Romario, Stoichkov at Barca, Laudrup, Redondo at Madrid)...however the PL was full of domestic players.

I thought the same, and for the same reason.

Fabulous show. James Richardson presenting. Peter Brackley commentating, iirc Wollstonehome doing the other scores/highlights, Joe Jordan, Paul Elliott, Ray Wilkins among the pundits.

No league has ever been as stacked full of world class players like Serie A was. Fiorentina (probably the 7th or 8th best team in the league) with Bastituta and Rui Costa. La Liga still had quality too (Romario, Stoichkov at Barca, Laudrup, Redondo at Madrid)...however the PL was full of domestic players.
English clubs in those days were always hamstrung by the 3 foreigner rule because Wales and Irish and Scottish players were classed as foreign so we couldn't go out around europe very often.

My favourite player ever. That first touch of his was a thing of beauty.

If I was a manager in a major final and could pick any player in history it would probably be CR7 , Messi , in that order ... if I could as a fan pick any player to watch week in week out it would be R9 or zidane..... they were one offs and poetry in motion

If I was a manager in a major final and could pick any player in history it would probably be CR7 , Messi , in that order ... if I could as a fan pick any player to watch week in week out it would be R9 or zidane..... they were one offs and poetry in motion
Original Ronaldo will never be eclipsed as an entertainer for me, wow, what a player and Maradona would win you any trophy you desire. Never thought I'd see a player of James quality strutting his stuff at Goodison though.

Status
Not open for further replies.