2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every player in the world is for sale at the right price.

And let’s be honest, we don’t need luxury players at this point, we need grafters.

One man does not make a club.
This is true

But it doesn't mean we give him away. If we are fairly compensated, sure sell him. But it makes no sense to give away a player like James, when even if he plays 50% of the games gives us moments of magic no one else can in our side

Every player in the world is for sale at the right price.

And let’s be honest, we don’t need luxury players at this point, we need grafters.

One man does not make a club.
Great point. I've just started trying to think of the luxury players we've had in the last forty years. I can't think of many.
In fact, the most glorified, honoured players were those that weren't the most blessed technically, but those that left it all out on the pitch. That's what I want..... With a James cherry on top.

Great point. I've just started trying to think of the luxury players we've had in the last forty years. I can't think of many.
In fact, the most glorified, honoured players were those that weren't the most blessed technically, but those that left it all out on the pitch. That's what I want..... With a James cherry on top.
Probably Duncan McKenzie, and Gordon Lee got pelters for selling him, although the team the following season improved. The team should always come first, preferably with a bit of luxury thrown in if possible.

Be Coutinho replacing him if he goes nailed on.

Coutinho probably the better fit as well in terms of having a bit more pace, energy.

It's phrased quite strangely. James is "up for sale". So is it we're wanting to get rid...or he wants to go? If he wants to go, he'll go regardless of us dictating anything. It comes across like we're wanting him off the books.

So if he goes and we get Coutinho...he still takes James' huge wage?

This is true

But it doesn't mean we give him away. If we are fairly compensated, sure sell him. But it makes no sense to give away a player like James, when even if he plays 50% of the games gives us moments of magic no one else can in our side
When did I say give him away free?

Status
Not open for further replies.