2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, I'm actually not bothered he's going. He just doesn't play enough games, to be effective over a full season. While it was amazing to see him play so well at the start of last season, it didn't last into the 2021 when the rest of the team's form also dipped. I don't like letting our best players go, but he is a luxury that we can't afford.

I think, if we can get his wages off our books, it will free up quite a bit of money for other players.

I really, really don't want him to go. Go on James, give us another season!

alan.jpg

Not confident were going to see him next season after Benitezs crappy presser and very awkward handling of the James question.

Hope he makes the Florida cup trip, and plays, so at least some blues get to see him properly.
Not sure who is going to be willing to pay huge wages for him though given he chooses when he fancies playing? Might end up keeping him but not seeing much on field action.

Not sure who is going to be willing to pay huge wages for him though given he chooses when he fancies playing? Might end up keeping him but not seeing much on field action.
That would be so utterly pointless, paying huge wages and watching dreadful, low scoring, few chances, Benitez-ball whilst James sits in the stands. What a waste.

Not confident were going to see him next season after Benitezs crappy presser and very awkward handling of the James question.

Hope he makes the Florida cup trip, and plays, so at least some blues get to see him properly.
Yeah...that was a strange one...first he doesn't want to talk about individuals when asked about james, yet happy to talk at the end about Coleman and his place in the squad. Clearly doesn't bode well for James at Everton...

Yeah...that was a strange one...first he doesn't want to talk about individuals when asked about james, yet happy to talk at the end about Coleman and his place in the squad. Clearly doesn't bode well for James at Everton...

I said the same on the manager thread.

It just doesn't make sense to me, and he should have answered the Coleman question exactly the same, if he's not bothered by individuals?!

We've got a us tour planned, where many Colombians may want to go and see us and James, plus he's still a quality player and world class on his day - even if James wants out (which I don't think is tryr) or Benitez doesn't want him, he should have talked James up and made out he's going to be a part of what we do next season, just to potentially drive any fee up.

He want us to forget his red past but obviously he's still got beef with James that he hasn't forgot?

Just sad really, James would be one of the last on my list to get shut of.

It just doesn't make sense to me, and he should have answered the Coleman question exactly the same, if he's not bothered by individuals?!

We've got a us tour planned, where many Colombians may want to go and see us and James, plus he's still a quality player and world class on his day - even if James wants out (which I don't think is tryr) or Benitez doesn't want him, he should have talked James up and made out he's going to be a part of what we do next season, just to potentially drive any fee up.

He want us to forget his red past but obviously he's still got beef with James that he hasn't forgot?

I think it would be a terrible mistake to get rid of James.
But hey, it was terrible mistake to sign Benitez.

Agree - it was the main thing from the presser that caught me.

The only benefit of the doubt is that Rafael thought that the question was in the context of 'transfers'. He was very strong not to comment on players we have or are linked to. The Coleman questions was about him being Captain, so a fair bit different.

But that is me being optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.