2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, he played 3 of 7 Cup games.

24 +3 = 27
38÷7 = 45.

Now my primary school maths may not be perfect, but I'm pretty sure that 27 is 60% of 45. Not the 30% you stated in your revisionism.

Not saying he was great but let's not pretend that when he signed any of us thought he would play every game. Thing is, even on an off day, he is still the only player who could produce a moment out of nothing.

But you do you.

If you want to be a smart arse, which you clearly do by your condescending tone then let's go all out, how many 90 minute games did he play, how many minutes total did he play out of total available minutes, I'd bet it's pretty close to that 30/40% I said which was an estimation, but let's do you and be all anal and critically precise about it shall we :)

Seems to be the fee is €10mil. Hes signing a 3 year deal there for €6mil a season.

@Sassy Colombian @UptheTofees perhaps you have some translation skills :)
That Twitter account is claiming that they have inside sources that’s telling them that James is very closed to a deal with Milan. AS Colombia also posted an article yesterday making similar claims.

CE318009-F93D-47C3-A852-4B9175B0B9A6.jpeg

The hiring of Rafael Benitez as Everton's new coach puts into question the continuity of James Rodriguez. The relationship between the two was not the best 6 years ago at Real Madrid and the Colombian would already be looking for a new destination; in addition, the Spaniard would not have him as a priority either.

If you want to be a smart arse, which you clearly do by your condescending tone then let's go all out, how many 90 minute games did he play, how many minutes total did he play out of total available minutes, I'd bet it's pretty close to that 30/40% I said which was an estimation, but let's do you and be all anal and critically precise about it shall we :)
Wasn't being a smart arse. You used the condescending tone first with you "you do you".

Anyone can twist stats to fit their agenda.

Id have rodriguez every day, just for that 1 assist at anfield. None of our other players would have got that pass as perfect as he did.

That Twitter account is claiming that they have inside sources that’s telling them that James is very closed to a deal with Milan. AS Colombia also posted an article yesterday making similar claims.

View attachment 132235
The hiring of Rafael Benitez as Everton's new coach puts into question the continuity of James Rodriguez. The relationship between the two was not the best 6 years ago at Real Madrid and the Colombian would already be looking for a new destination; in addition, the Spaniard would not have him as a priority either.

I think the case will be Mendes will have been putting feelers out all along.

James will be open to a move but I don't imagine he'll actively force one away either. He'll probably happily see out the last year of his contract.

Now, it may well be up to the club to then determine how best to use him but, this is the thing here, with all the negativity surrounding Rafael, the club need an easy win.

An 'easy win' is not letting our best player go. It's saying no, he's here to see out his deal, we're going to get rid of the other tosh that are on equally or nearly as high wages (Bernard, Gomes, Delph, Iwobi etc etc) and go from there.

If James does his two years and leaves on a free, that's fine, because he could well be the difference next year. He should have been in 20-21, but the manager and DoF didn't plan well enough.

I think the case will be Mendes will have been putting feelers out all along.

James will be open to a move but I don't imagine he'll actively force one away either. He'll probably happily see out the last year of his contract.

Now, it may well be up to the club to then determine how best to use him but, this is the thing here, with all the negativity surrounding Rafael, the club need an easy win.

An 'easy win' is not letting our best player go. It's saying no, he's here to see out his deal, we're going to get rid of the other tosh that are on equally or nearly as high wages (Bernard, Gomes, Delph, Iwobi etc etc) and go from there.

If James does his two years and leaves on a free, that's fine, because he could well be the difference next year. He should have been in 20-21, but the manager and DoF didn't plan well enough.
It is always Mendes. I don’t like him, such a greedy agent.

I think James would be open to stay if he feels that Benitez would let him play. He said a few weeks ago on the Instagram live that he was staying and that it would be good for him. He wants to go to the World Cup next year (and tbf Colombia needs his creativity too) and for that he needs continuity, like @UptheTofees mentioned, and consistency. In the past he has always met his contract obligations even with coaches that he hasn't gotten along. Contrary to the rumors James is a professional, even if he is a bit arrogant at times. So it wouldn't surprise me if he were to stay.

But in the end, it is the club's decision because there doesn't seem to be a clause that just lets him off the hook. That's why Mendes is all over this. But he has a contract and the club could enforce it even if James doesn't want to stay. What in the heck are contracts for after all? so Ancelotti just leaves regardless of his contract and James too? if that's the case the club needs to have better people laying out their deals and contract negotiations.

I really hope James stays. But regardless I wil continue following Everton, even if I don't like Benitez!

Wasn't being a smart arse. You used the condescending tone first with you "you do you".

Anyone can twist stats to fit their agenda.

Id have rodriguez every day, just for that 1 assist at anfield. None of our other players would have got that pass as perfect as he did.
Keep him over Siggy and such like... And if Benny goes all double agent like George Graham and ends up over the park, be fun and games.

It is always Mendes. I don’t like him, such a greedy agent.

I think James would be open to stay if he feels that Benitez would let him play. He said a few weeks ago on the Instagram live that he was staying and that it would be good for him. He wants to go to the World Cup next year (and tbf Colombia needs his creativity too) and for that he needs continuity, like @UptheTofees mentioned, and consistency. In the past he has always met his contract obligations even with coaches that he hasn't gotten along. Contrary to the rumors James is a professional, even if he is a bit arrogant at times. So it wouldn't surprise me if he were to stay.

But in the end, it is the club's decision because there doesn't seem to be a clause that just lets him off the hook. That's why Mendes is all over this. But he has a contract and the club could enforce it even if James doesn't want to stay. What in the heck are contracts for after all? so Ancelotti just leaves regardless of his contract and James too? if that's the case the club needs to have better people laying out their deals and contract negotiations.

I really hope James stays. But regardless I wil continue following Everton, even if I don't like Benitez!
I hope he stays. Even if he doesn't play enough, it was a joy to watch those fleeting moments where he showed he is a truly gifted footballer. it would be an absolute crime if he didn't get to play at least one game in front of a packed goodison park.

I;ve never bought a player named shirt before him and the amber one this year. Got it in April for my birthday from the Mrs. Honestly, I should have warned all you about that as soon as I got it that he would be off the next season because that's my luck.
My husband almost got me one with James but my intuition told me that I was going to be with Everton longer than James so I asked the hubby instead to personalize it with “Sassy” and I’m glad he did. Still is a keeper lol

I hope he stays. Even if he doesn't play enough, it was a joy to watch those fleeting moments where he showed he is a truly gifted footballer. it would be an absolute crime if he didn't get to play at least one game in front of a packed goodison park.
I really hope so too. I’m going to Florida later this month to watch Everton play and it would be delightful if he was there playing for our Blues. Moreover, he himself deserves to play a game with fans at Goodison Park, it would be great for him to feel all of those vibes that he couldn’t do so last season because of the pandemic. I guess on Monday we may know more as he is supposed to be showing up for training.

I really hope so too. I’m going to Florida later this month to watch Everton play and it would be delightful if he was there playing for our Blues. Moreover, he himself deserves to play a game with fans at Goodison Park, it would be great for him to feel all of those vibes that he couldn’t do so last season because of the pandemic. I guess on Monday we may know more as he is supposed to be showing up for training.

Has your Copa thing finished then?

Has your Copa thing finished then?
No. Copa’s quarterfinals are this weekend. Tomorrow Colombia is playing against Paraguay which is not looking promising as our record against them is very poor and Cuadrado our main player, now that James is out, can’t play because of yellow cards.

No. Copa’s quarterfinals are this weekend. Tomorrow Colombia is playing against Paraguay which is not looking promising as our record against them is very poor and Cuadrado our main player, now that James is out, can’t play because of yellow cards.

Well he wont be expected at Everton next Monday then. All the Euro players will have a break after that finishes, so James et al will also have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.