2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty wild that some people want him to travel to Manchester City and sit there cheering the team on. I thought we laughed at Liverpool when they brought VVD on the sidelines just for the derby. That's the very definition of creating propaganda.

Footballers have tight schedules. If he's injured and can't play of course he should be freed up to do personal stuff. Sitting him at Man City, just so Evertonians can see he's committed, is ridiculous. The fact that he took a salary cut, playing outside the top 6 clubs, took on a smaller contract in a country where he struggles with the language shows exactly how committed he is.
I'm pretty sure that he didn't lose anything from his Real contract hence the free transfer. I'm also pretty sure that no one else wanted him.

I think it’s more disappointing that he missed the last home game of the season, than the City game.

Fans haven’t seen him, all he had to do was turn up, do a lap, then get off.

yeah I get that, but people always want injured players court side to show support. I don’t think the players think about it like they’re worried about the fan reaction with everything they do.

I'm pretty sure that he didn't lose anything from his Real contract hence the free transfer. I'm also pretty sure that no one else wanted him.

Atletico at one stage were interested. But he went with Carlo because obviously had a good relationship and he knew if he had injuries like he did this season, he could manage them both in game and also when to play him.

it just so happened that he wasn’t right at all for the last 3 or 4 months. He was fine at the start of the season. It was a gamble to take him, now the club needs to make sure they have a backup if he can’t play all the time.

I know some people want to get rid, but where are you getting a similar player from. Look at the difference between him and Siggy...

During the season, they can’t go anywhere, the ones living abroad can’t go back to their home country. They also play internationals during breaks and in the off season, letting James or any player go early is not unreasonable.
yes i get the sacrifice and how difficult it must be especially during the last year or so and I hadn't realised he hadn't seen his Daughter in over a year but that's why they earn the big dollar and are pampered to within an inch of their lives, they get best treatment, medical, benefits etc better than ordinary Joe Public ever gets.

yes i get the sacrifice and how difficult it must be especially during the last year or so and I hadn't realised he hadn't seen his Daughter in over a year but that's why they earn the big dollar and are pampered to within an inch of their lives, they get best treatment, medical, benefits etc better than ordinary Joe Public ever gets.

yeah I understand. I don’t think it’s one or the other though. Like just because we pay him 100k a week he should sit at Man City for PR? But I’m arguing it’s not even great PR anyway, I don’t see why fans need affirmation he supports the team like we don’t trust him anymore and he has to prove it. We pay him to play games and if he’s not fit, let him do what he needs to do. It’s a pay it forward gesture. This actually shows the clubs commitment to James. If he bums us off, well then the joke is on us, and other clubs he moves to will trust him less.

yeah I understand. I don’t think it’s one or the other though. Like just because we pay him 100k a week he should sit at Man City for PR? But I’m arguing it’s not even great PR anyway, I don’t see why fans need affirmation he supports the team like we don’t trust him anymore and he has to prove it. We pay him to play games and if he’s not fit, let him do what he needs to do. It’s a pay it forward gesture. This actually shows the clubs commitment to James. If he bums us off, well then the joke is on us, and other clubs he moves to will trust him less.
That is a very good point, it does show us as the proper caring club we are, if anything we are too good at it! but that's not meant to be a criticism or should not be used as one as, we often take the lead in that and other clubs do follow, we have a great "spirit and affinity" within the club and its staff and we should never lose that.

A very talented player but no commitment at all. He's tired? All I ask is that he plays for us more than half a season, and if he can't manage that then he's of no use to us.

Carlo: JR join us at Ethiad and give us your support. Show the team and the fans that you care.
JR: Boss, I'm a little tired.
Carlo: In the real world, there are quite a few who are tired, and who live far harder lives than us, and we are quite privileged; you get to play football every day and the employer gives you 100k a week.
JR: It's completely irrelevant.

Hadn’t seen his family in ages, not fit to play for us, what’s the problem with him flying home?
The problem is that you show a total lack of interest in your team. In theory, we played for Europe. The biggest mistake was that he did not bother to show up at goodison, and then went home before the last and decisive match against City. Cry me a river.

Status
Not open for further replies.