2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chalk and cheese though mate. With Lukaku we absolutely should have moved heaven and earth to get the right players around him because that core could have been in place for 5-10 years and propelled us into the stratosphere.

Doing the same for James would get us one season max (in my opinion) and we’d be left with a James-shaped hole at the end of it with a bunch of players now complimenting either nobody at all or a very expensive question mark, assuming we find a supposed replacement.

oh i'm not suggesting building a team around him - we tried that this season

we need fast players to come in and add power to how we can play. Than James is the cherry on top.

I just find it scary that Carlo is happy enough with his level of commitment tbh. Can't imagine any other club allow a player to treat their team in this way.

That said playing for us must be horrendous, so easy to see why he's pissed off home.

The lad is injured and can’t feature in today’s match. “Worst” case, we win, somehow fluke our way into some European competition and he misses out on the lap of honour. Of the Etihad.

I honestly don’t get what the fuss is about. If spending time with family, in familiar surroundings is what it takes to energise our players then get it done. Hug yourself silly and then turn up next season ready to smash it.
I’m thinking all the fuss has to do with him posting that pic in his private plane. Sure, he was giving permission to leave but featuring himself off to Colombia when his teammates are still playing an end of the season game doesn’t sit well for many supporters, including many Colombians. Nonetheless, I sure hope this time with his family revitalize him and that he has a successful Copa America, if is played at all. Then I wish he comes back with a renewed commitment to help Everton achieve greater things next season because when he is healthy and motivated he is an amazing player.

I’m thinking all the fuss has to do with him posting that pic in his private plane. Sure, he was giving permission to leave but featuring himself off to Colombia when his teammates are still playing an end of the season game doesn’t sit well for many supporters, including many Colombians. Nonetheless, I sure hope this time with his family revitalize him and that he has a successful Copa America, if is played at all. Then I wish he comes back with a renewed commitment to help Everton achieve greater things next season because when he is healthy and motivated he is an amazing player.
Not sure about that though...
I'd probably pass a no-leaving-UK-unless-absolutely-necessary-this-summer rule for all players, and family is not one of those reasons.
If you are a really well paid footballer there is certainly a way to move your family rather than the other way round.
But different people have different family needs...

Not sure about that though...
I'd probably pass a no-leaving-UK-unless-absolutely-necessary-this-summer rule for all players, and family is not one of those reasons.
If you are a really well paid footballer there is certainly a way to move your family rather than the other way round.
But different people have different family needs...
James is not longer married with his daughter’s mother so it would be impossible for him to have her move closer to him. His first marriage actually ended because his wife wasn’t willing to move with him to Germany when he was signed by Bayern. So families do have different needs and desires, it is not always about money.

Sack him off.
Great player on his day, but can't afford to bleed wages into him for a sporadic appearance.

His body is knackered and can't stand up to getting belted once or twice a week.
Put his wages towards a youth product or a new youth signing.

Sack him off.
Great player on his day, but can't afford to bleed wages into him for a sporadic appearance.

His body is knackered and can't stand up to getting belted once or twice a week.
Put his wages towards a youth product or a new youth signing.

Wouldn’t waste any money investing in our youth academy they’ll only be left to rot with Unsworths U23s until they’re 27.

player of the season IMO - in all seriousness he's been the best player on the pitch when he has played, we arent in a position to just throw players of that quality out of the window, even if they only play sporadically.

Status
Not open for further replies.