2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then how/why did we do it exactly like you said? If we could do it then, why can't we do it now?
We had an XI and a system at the start of the season that was balanced and, seemingly, high in energy & motivation. We've just been worn down as the season has gone on through a mix of tiredness and injuries to key personnel scattered throughout. The degree to which Ancelotti has mixed the team up near constantly also won't have helped, but I also kinda get why he's doing it.

There you go. Don Carlo has spoken and is shutting down the rumors.

Screenshot_20210219-084536~2.png

As far as James leaving

Really hope it doesn't happen. I really like the culture of this club and its fans.

But I doubt he is tired of this or that. He is either staying or this was always the arrangement.
I think James will stay as long as Carlo at the helm..... or he needs to do more here if he wants to go back to a bigger club.

Go West's timeless classic - We Close Our Eyes, re written ( for the better )

Inside everyone hides one desire
Outside no one would know
Danger close to the edge of the knife
Safer not to let go
And while we miss chances
You can almost hear time slipping away
We close our eyes, we never lose a game
Imagination never lets us take the blame
We close our eyes and fantasise with James
We close our eyes to time slipping away
No show, Gylfi waits with the wine
He knows just what to say
While no one listens
You can almost see him slipping away
We close our eyes and fantasise with James
We close our eyes and
We can talk to strangers
We are burning with the spark
And James can walk on water
We are Davies in the dark
We are skateboarding
We close our eyes
Heroes never give into the night
Tom knows how far he can run
And as he surrenders
You can almost see Slippy G slipping away
We close our eyes to fantasise with James
We close our eyes
We close our eyes to see the final frame
We close our eyes
We close our eyes, and James walks on water
Lets us take the blame
We are gurning
Kopites look like dangers

I'm in no way comparing us to City, but you need your big marquee name to turn heads.

City did it with Robinho, and we've done it with James. Robinho was a failure, but he was the exposure to make people stand up and realise City was a decent landing space.

We're paying him a lot, and the rumour was we just paid his contract off, so whilst we didn't pay Madrid, we paid James. Is his reputation being tainted? He's still the poster boy for South American football, and he's proving doubters, who assumed he was finished wrong. Yeah, it's different going from Benzema, Marcelo and the like to Davies and Sigurdsson, but we've got him for a 3-year deal, and other than 1 weird report, i've not heard a peep that he wants out.

Whilst it may not be you in specific, we as a fan base love to focus on negatives when it comes to Everton in the media. If the report was "he loves it and bringing all his family to stay", no one would bat an eye lid.

Just don't think he'll be leaving, certainly not in the offseason.
Well if you google his contract it states that it is for two seasons with an option of another season, it also says we paid &12M for him, don’t know if that means to Real Madrid or to James himself.

File under:

South American press again
Just the media in general tbh
A few bad results and suddenly Klopp is walking, James is off in the summer, Arteta is getting sacked, Ole is getting sacked, Zaha is leaving Palace etc etc
Just click bait and James is a huge name so a couple bad games and results - he gets clicks

SURPRISE SURPRISE ...The tabloids trying the usual crap to upset Everton just before a Merseyside derby.
And the FA is it ? Making us play Man City three days before the derby, to ensure our players have been run into the ground chasing shadows. :) If there is one team you don't want to play three days before a derby match, it's Man City, cheers lads, let's give the reds every chance eh.

After Klopp's comments, all I want is to see Liverpool suffer a few broken legs.

Screw em. We know the result ahead of time - if they want a fight, batter them.

Unfortunately our bunch of surrender monkeys will roll over as per.

Between the club and the player? As in Everton would go to James and be like, we’re only signing you if you agree to tweet

Between the club and the player? As in Everton would go to James and be like, we’re only signing you if you agree to tweet nonsense and post pictures on Instagram 10 times/week?
No, I didn't mean the clubs really but all the big players have sponsorships and so the players have to as you said build their brand and so I can imagine it's written in some contracts to stay visible and relevant. The easiest and cheapest way to do that is social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.