2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
imagine a world where Everton fans are calling out James Rodriguez

An all new low for our fan base

He’s had a few bad games but he’s also been the most creative force in the team all season. His effectiveness has become somewhat diminished as teams have targeted him and our home form and at times, style of play, has been god awful.

I recall stats from our first 4 games when he had been brilliant yet had made about 2 sprints. Since the fine start to the season he has been injured and the team have changed the style of play more than once to a more defensive brand. Not excuses, facts yet his return has been impressive.

Given we were told by all the haters that we were getting a washed up overrated crock I’m quite pleased how he has adapted to his first season in the premier league.

Nothing wrong with calling him out if he has a bad game but he’s easily the most gifted playmaker in the squad who has the ability to do and see things during a game that most others can’t. He’s as slow as a snail but expecting him to be a dynamic runner is like asking wee Messi to be a big Dunc-esque arial presence. We’re lucky to have this player it’s just a shame we’re struggling to surround him with more capable players on a regular basis while another talisman - Richarlison - continues to stink the place out.

He’s had a few bad games but he’s also been the most creative force in the team all season. His effectiveness has become somewhat diminished as teams have targeted him and our home form and at times, style of play, has been god awful.

I recall stats from our first 4 games when he had been brilliant yet had made about 2 sprints. Since the fine start to the season he has been injured and the team have changed the style of play more than once to a more defensive brand. Not excuses, facts yet his return has been impressive.

Given we were told by all the haters that we were getting a washed up overrated crock I’m quite pleased how he has adapted to his first season in the premier league.

Nothing wrong with calling him out if he has a bad game but he’s easily the most gifted playmaker in the squad who has the ability to do and see things during a game that most others can’t. He’s as slow as a snail but expecting him to be a dynamic runner is like asking wee Messi to be a big Dunc-esque arial presence. We’re lucky to have this player it’s just a shame we’re struggling to surround him with more capable players on a regular basis while another talisman - Richarlison - continues to stink the place out.
He has been better with Allan in the side. Hopefully they are both fully fit and firing very soon.

He’s not come here to play in a team who doesn’t want the football

Like so many of our players and signings before hand it's everyone else's fault apart from his own... The lad has talent we haven't seen for a long time but it comes in moments rather than 90 minutes.

I can tell everyone now if we become a regular top 4 team James Rodriguez will be a squad player rather the player people on here think he is.

But lose more than win when he’s in it.

Lose more when Allan is out, and we’ve got Gomes and Sigurdsson as our midfield to help him.

Good teams have players who make things happen and engines to do the hard work. No Allan means Doucoure is doing it every week for two, and not being able to help.
Maybe look at what we’re missing to help him.

This is basically the same team who Koeman and Silva couldn’t motivate how’s James fixing that on his own?

Status
Not open for further replies.