2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another piece of magic from the magician, that pass from Doucoure was hammered at James, the skill he showed to control it and get his shot away before he was closed down was sublime. That’s what players like James are about, they have moments of quality that other players would t even dream os being capable of.
After watching it replayed several times I honestly think Doucoure was trying to drive that across to Gomes. Rodriguez actually intercepted it brilliantly.

Seriously if Siggurdson had hit that goal some would be going on about it for years. James is class even when he’s not playing that well he occupies the majority of the opposition’s tactical thinking on how to shut him down. If any of other attackers or midfielders had anything about them whatsoever they could make hay when most teams spend all their time trying to cover James.

Can anyone explain this idea ball crack I’ve missed.
It was some rubbish stat that some idiotic kopite made up to cover up the fact that Thiago is nothing special.
Ie... Thiago tried 15 idea balls tonight. (n)

Edit: Here is the original tweet:

Photo 2021-01-25, 16 13 03.jpg

Last edited:

Hope that calf problem doesn't keep him out of the Spurs game. Slightly concerned this might either force him out of the squad for it or mean we limit him to a sub appearance.

Didn't have his best night tonight, but the goal is that top quality you often need to get a point out of a game like that.

As others have said, we need him closer to the opposition box than he's been of late. If we do I think we'll see the goals start to flow again. Hopefully Allan's return helps us get hold of the ball a bit better in future and allows us to leave James further up.

Status
Not open for further replies.