2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s still mad to me that he’s with us. It sounds insulting to us as we’re 4th now but I can’t imagine how a more quality team didn’t come in for him ahead of us? Obviously he’s said Carlo was a big influence and he’s grateful to the club but we’re lucky to have the man.

It’s clear that other players are no where near his level and it drags him down and even still he’s class. He was basically playing everything to Digne all night because he’s one of the only other true quality players we have at the minute. Think if we add 1 or 2 this month and a couple in the summer he’ll step up a further level. It’s all so effortless from him.

It’s still mad to me that he’s with us. It sounds insulting to us as we’re 4th now but I can’t imagine how a more quality team didn’t come in for him ahead of us? Obviously he’s said Carlo was a big influence and he’s grateful to the club but we’re lucky to have the man.

It’s clear that other players are no where near his level and it drags him down and even still he’s class. He was basically playing everything to Digne all night because he’s one of the only other true quality players we have at the minute. Think if we add 1 or 2 this month and a couple in the summer he’ll step up a further level. It’s all so effortless from him.
We could do with a couple of signings this month. We have a real chance of challenging and a couple more players with the bit of quality could lift us again

We could do with a couple of signings this month. We have a real chance of challenging and a couple more players with the bit of quality could lift us again
Definitely. Team is in bad need of some real pace all over the pitch, think pacey players will also be able to get on the end of more of James’ passes so it’s a win win.

He was sheer class for us tonight , even when they know he‘s going to hit a long curving pass out to Digne they couldn’t stop it with his accuracy. It actually suited him playing that false (2) 9 position as nobody was expecting him to cover back , just do what he does.
Last time he played as a false 9 with any continuity was June 2014 at a little kickabout in Brasil where he won a golden boot.

Similar to today, only happened because Colombia's 9 (Falcao) was hurt.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing him on the left wing. His quality would be great crossing in for DCL. Last night was the first in a long time we have played with 2 orthodox wingers. 2 left footers on the left and 2 right footers on the right.

That won't do him. Underwear, at least.
Let's see if you are right.

Here you go @maccavennie these shots are just for you to get you inspired for the next set of songs lol
Screenshot_20210112-225011~2.png

Screenshot_20210112-225020~2.png

I can't really beat the previous post.

But James was a total boss tonight.

Also credit to Carlo for putting him up front when defending. Perfect position.

Status
Not open for further replies.