2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lads won everything already, been at the biggest clubs in world and felt what it's like to have a new manager come in and cast you aside. He's 29, loves playing under anchelotti, is absolutely adored by our fans, on massive wages and is the first name on the team sheet. I can't see any reason for the lad to want to leave.

I personally think his main concern is getting to the next world cup and it's no supries that that's when his 2 year deal runs out. I think he'll get to 2022 and see how his body feels, if he feels like he can carry on we can activate the extra year of his contract. I do have a feeling he'll retire after the world cup though.
If he's stays free of injury there's nothing to stop Rodriguez playing to a high level until he's 35+. He doesn't rely on pace at all.

Just a shame he hasn't had the chance to feel the Goodison Park love of the people.
(Or hear the half time boos)
This is the biggest regret for most of us. We have a truly world class player who is a joy to watch and at present we can only do so via a TV screen. He is a player that gets everybody on the edge of their seats. The atmosphere inside Goodison when James is spraying pin point accurate passes to the forwards is something that I am desperate to experience. Just imagining it brings a lump to my throat. The Goodison masses adore him and I'm not sure that he can fully appreciate just how much that means until the crowds return.

At the age of 31/32..!?
If he's stays free of injury there's nothing to stop Rodriguez playing to a high level until he's 35+. He doesn't rely on pace at all.

You're talking about a lad who's had alot of time out of football through injuries. He'll be feeling it now, those injuries catch up to you and they hurt. At the age of 31/2 I'd imagine he'll be in a lot of pain playing football and the days surrounding the game as well.

It's going to be up to him wheather he can continue his career. Maybe he'll want to keep going and play till he's 35, maybe not. I'm just saying I wouldn't be supriesd if he jacked it in after the next world cup.

You're talking about a lad who's had alot of time out of football through injuries. He'll be feeling it now, those injuries catch up to you and they hurt. At the age of 31/2 I'd imagine he'll be in a lot of pain playing football and the days surrounding the game as well.

It's going to be up to him wheather he can continue his career. Maybe he'll want to keep going and play till he's 35, maybe not. I'm just saying I wouldn't be supriesd if he jacked it in after the next world cup.

He's never had any major injuries, so I think he should be fine to carry on for a bit longer. But fair enough, I'd just never seen that idea mooted before. I'd probably expect him to drop into a league with less physicality, maybe go back to Porto, for example. Be interesting to see what his levels are (and the team's) by the time his contract expires though.

I agree; also for the Colombian jersey (together with El Pibe, who was soooo good). But what do Evertonians think about his supposed defensive weaknesses? Are they true? Do they matter that much in today´s football (and hence, why players of this kind are becoming so rare)?
His defensive responsibilities are minimal and rightly so. True artists should concentrate their energies on doing damage to the opponent as long as the side is balanced and capable to cover. Let James create his magic and destroy teams.

This is the biggest regret for most of us. We have a truly world class player who is a joy to watch and at present we can only do so via a TV screen. He is a player that gets everybody on the edge of their seats. The atmosphere inside Goodison when James is spraying pin point accurate passes to the forwards is something that I am desperate to experience. Just imagining it brings a lump to my throat. The Goodison masses adore him and I'm not sure that he can fully appreciate just how much that means until the crowds return.

Just got to pray come next season we'll be back in the ground if they can start getting a vaccine sorted.

I imagine either way the world is on borrowed time with the current restrictions and at some point life will go back to normal with or without a vaccine.

I for one would love to get back to the old girl face mask or not.

What's more likely is he will finish international football.

All the while Carlo is here, and he gets used in the right way, he will stay.

I also think he could easily play into his mid 30s. Vision, technique, finishing ability, reading of the game etc will not be affected by age.

Status
Not open for further replies.