2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
1603482055489.png

A little over a month ago a red fan sent me a copuple of memes like this. I gladly sent them back to him this week, with my compliments. Who is laughing now?? Quite a lot has happened in such a short time. Everton is becoming a hugely popular team not only in Colombia but also in the USA and elsewhere. This will only increase, with a fantastic season and European football next year. While this is good, I´m not sure this does not come at a cost--after all, having a global fan base may go against the "local team" charm. While Everton has been a big team always, it became less known around the globe in the past couple of decades. I wonder how Evertonians in Liverpool feel about this global popularity boom. Perhaps many of us commenting on this forum from 6000 miles away, may be a bit of a nuisance? I hope not.

I wonder how Evertonians in Liverpool feel about this global popularity boom. Perhaps many of us commenting on this forum from 6000 miles away, may be a bit of a nuisance? I hope not.
I for one have found our new north and South American toffees to be a breath of fresh air in the forum. Every single poster has been positive, has great insight, good energy for Ev (and of course James).
Look we will always have and be proud of the amount of local support we have but if you’re a toffee, you’re a toffee and you’re welcome. Just get ready for when it all comes tumbling down and you witness the forum in full depression mode. Just joking, hopefully that doesn’t happen any time soon but yeah, not a nuisance ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.