2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
"James Rodríguez is a constant receiver of fouls in the Premier. The Colombian is the seventh in the list published by CIES, with a total of 11 infractions so far this season . The midfielder has played 343 minutes, suffers a foul every 31.11 minutes, that is, almost 3 per game.

Richarlison is also on the list from Everton, who is second in the Premier, with an average of 25.50, while Neymar is the one who receives the most fouls of all the big five with an average of 20.39"

Yeah not surprised that he is among the leaders in being fouled. He is not a dribbler nor is he fast. So when he covered on the ball, he shields the ball with his body to buy time and space. They know at any moment he will unleash a crazy pass so they knock him down.

I think the coaches and players also think he is soft because he is a "luxury player" and go to kick him. But the dude is not soft. Just wish they would card players more often for blatantly kicking him all over the field.

"James Rodríguez is a constant receiver of fouls in the Premier. The Colombian is the seventh in the list published by CIES, with a total of 11 infractions so far this season . The midfielder has played 343 minutes, suffers a foul every 31.11 minutes, that is, almost 3 per game.

Richarlison is also on the list from Everton, who is second in the Premier, with an average of 25.50, while Neymar is the one who receives the most fouls of all the big five with an average of 20.39"

This might highlight the loss of richy as bigger than we thought. We've been excelling on set pieces.

Screenshot_20201021-102034~2.png

Ancelotti talks about what he asks James Rodríguez at Everton

The Italian coach spoke once again about his star signing in this 20/21 season. The mutual trust between the two stands out.

Carlo Ancelotti was invited to a talk with Copa 90 about the FIFA 21 video game and the celebration of 10 years of the Career Mode of this football video game. The technician was asked about all the news about Everton and among those answers he touched on the subject of James Rodríguez , a player who signed this season and who has been one of the top figures of the team.

The Italian explained how his relationship with the Colombian is and what he asks of him on a day-to-day basis to get his best performance. It highlights that everything is about having confidence in the player to exploit his qualities.

"We have mutual trust. I know what he can do, I know what he needs. And I think James also knows what I have and what I need. I just ask him to show his quality. To put that quality that he has on the field of game, "Ancelotti said.

Ancelotti and the multi-functionality of the players

The coach pointed out that nowadays players must adapt to any position and to the changes that football is having. He believes that a defender has to have knowledge of any of the defender's positions, just like a midfielder.

"Modern football needs players who can play in different positions. 20 years ago, a goalkeeper needed to be good with his hands , now it is not enough. A central defender sometimes has to be able to play right back. A midfielder can play on the right, on the left , indoors, he can play number 10, "said the 61-year-old coach.

Another article on our walking prince :)

Screenshot_20201021-121134~2.png

James, the most influential midfielder in the Premier League

The Colombian's records in the five dates of the English league put him as the best rated of the 161 who act in that position.

In little more than a month, James Rodríguez shows that with continuity and confidence he becomes a key piece for the offensive performance of his team. With Everton he has 3 goals and the same number of assists, being the second midfielder with the most scoring and passing goals so far in the Premier, behind John McGinn of Aston Villa who has four assists and Bruno Fernandes who has the same scores of the Colombian.

"James Rodríguez is not going to come out and feel that he is not part of a team without an identity. He has played for Real Madrid, in World Cups, he played for Bayern Munich. For me, I think it's about the change of mentality that he had to do Everton, " explained Gary Neville regarding the influence that the Colombian has had for the team to play around him and everything is reflected in the data consolidated by SofaScore.

James, the best passer in midfield

The Colombian has managed to impose himself in three fundamental passing conditions (key, created options, precise long balls) that they take into account in England and that have him above the 160 midfielders who influence less in these aspects when playing.

16 key passes.
5 options created.
34 precise long balls.

Fewer dribbles and more duels won

Darren Bent questioned James' adaptation to the Premier before watching him play. "I love the idea of some of these superstars coming to the Premier League, but they need to understand that the Premier League is a different animal." However, the former player had to retract after the Colombian's performances and assured that his performance was "magnificent."

James has managed to adapt very quickly to English football and the numbers show that he cares more about contesting the ball than trying to avoid rivals, understanding that scoring is more aggressive. He is the fifth midfielder with the most effective dribbles (11) and the third in duels won against his rivals (35).

Everton's '19' overall received a score of 8.36 being the best qualification by statistics that SofaScore gives to the 161 midfielders who are registered in the Premier, according to the statistics portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.