2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've greatly admired James since the 2014 World Cup, where his performances were so brilliant, and I was really disappointed when Colombia were knocked out in the QF by Brazil because it meant I wouldn't be able to watch him in the tournament anymore.

He's still not only world class, but what I'd describe as an elite player. Just because Zidane has his favourites and chose not to play him doesn't make that less true. Lots of managers have their favourites or pick players who appear less talented to fit their system. Also, managers can become so blinded by their own philosophies that they can't see what appears obvious to others (ahem, Martinez).

If James stays fit, I'm confident he will be one of the best players in the Premier League this season. It's such a shame that fans won't be allowed in stadiums for the forseeable future because he'd really feel the love and appreciation from us Evertonians on matchdays.

He's a superstar and I still have to pinch myself that James Rodriguez plays for us.

Screenshot_20200926_115732_com.android.chrome.jpg

The OG fan boy here.

Had that horrible feeling of "what if it all goes wrong" against spurs and a little bit of a worry when he had that rough first 10 mins against wba but the lad is just pure class,

His passing ability is probably the best I've seen at Everton and his left foot is definitely the best I've seen.

Keep him fit and we will have a real chance of doing well, he can be a difference maker.

And turfs out some one like Bale.

Mind I am not complaining about getting James. Do not think we have a player of his like since Walter Smith's time.

Assuming you’re not being sarcastic (?) go on then I’ll bite - remind me again who from Walter Smith’s time was in any way shape or form fit to lace James’s boots? :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.