Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

andy4efc

Player Valuation: £70m
That goes without saying, but we will still have them on the books, if we could shift one or 2 them out the door then this could be inspired, hope I'm 100% wrong but i thought Brands was looking to get younger players in with potential. This is an Ancellotti signing no doubt about it.
we have to get both youth and experience. We do have a bunch of younger players already.

mill

Player Valuation: £25m
Ok, I’ll be the negative one:

How are we affording £20m James, £30m Doucoure and £30m Allan with no real outgoings with regards to FFP?

Genuine question.
Isn’t it a rolling 3 year average and doesn’t it only apply to those clubs in Europe?

so in one year’s time we’d need to worry about

18/19
19/20
20/21

17/18 was a big one which will be stopping off. The wage bill has been reduced a fair bit already and will do so further by then.

I think JJK will go. As will Davies. If James is coming I can also see one of Sigurdsson or Gomes going.

plus the following players all out of contract by 2021 so I guess we’ll see them leave too.

Walcott
Bolasie
Sandro
Besic

So I don’t think spending is massively out of the question.

we certainly won’t make things worse. And we have time to make it better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Everton Fan Media
Watch here
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks