Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

This would be magnificocent, A proper Ancelotti signing and one that could open the door to others, get Allan and Doucoure and we have a midfield again,a bloody good one.

he’s 28, he might have lost a yard of pace but he’s got more class than any player in our team and is nowhere near past it. I’m the first to want pacy players in our team but if we had to carry one without it then I’d much rather we indulged Rodriguez than Sigurdsson.
Good points.
I remember another one paced player with a wand of a left foot who was superb in our team .....Sheedy .
We can only hope that if he comes he has the same impact.

Im trying not to get to over excited until it comes from a genuine everton source.
Positive signs with that Fabrizio Romano talking about it.
But until that Kopite Joyce, Hunter or King mention it, its still a pipe dream for me
King implied in his tweet last night that he was aware of it last month

3508346414c8890707169fca68a2ec80.gif

giphy.gif

Would be a sensational signing, just in terms of being able to attract a player of that profile to the club.

It's worth the gamble on him. We've just endured several years of Sigurdsson - James simply cannot be worse than him. It's impossible.

I'd rather half a season of quality from him than a full season of Siggurdson.

His injury record is something we can't ignore. But we've got enough cover in his position unlike DM

Just on the concerns around his age, I completely agree that bringing in younger players who have further development and potential future on-sale values is the model that we should be following, I know Brands has publicly stated this and to be fair, the average age of the permanent signings we’ve seen under Brands have almost all been under 26/27 years old.

I believe the only signings he’d made older than that age was Delph and Lössl, Delph was on a smaller fee and I’m hesitant to even include Lössl as he’s a goal keeper and was signed on a free.

In comparison to chasing younger players, signings like Alan and Rodriguez at their ages certainly don’t provide the club with a model to sustain success. However, signing top quality players who are proven performers gives the opportunity for the club to win more games, improve its profile and hopefully attract better quality players down the track. I feel we’ve reached the point where we’ve had enough absolutely mediocre seasons that we now need to bring in one or two experienced players who are ready to go. Rodriguez certainly fits this criteria and I’d love to see him join the club!

Just on the concerns around his age, I completely agree that bringing in younger players who have further development and potential future on-sale values is the model that we should be following, I know Brands has publicly stated this and to be fair, the average age of the permanent signings we’ve seen under Brands have almost all been under 26/27 years old.

I believe the only signings he’d made older than that age was Delph and Lössl, Delph was on a smaller fee and I’m hesitant to even include Lössl as he’s a goal keeper and was signed on a free.

In comparison to chasing younger players, signings like Alan and Rodriguez at their ages certainly don’t provide the club with a model to sustain success. However, signing top quality players who are proven performers gives the opportunity for the club to win more games, improve its profile and hopefully attract better quality players down the track. I feel we’ve reached the point where we’ve had enough absolutely mediocre seasons that we now need to bring in one or two experienced players who are ready to go. Rodriguez certainly fits this criteria and I’d love to see him join the club!
Its clear that Allan and James would be Carlo's signings. I'd rather trust the guy that brings quality older players than Brands with his Iwobi's if I'm honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.