Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I also hope I’m wrong but I think this is a mistake.

It's not without risk, but bringing in players like Allan and Rodriguez is the only way we can keep Richarlison. If we keep Richarlison, we can do some serious damage in the transfer market when the 2017 deadweight clears in 22 months.

The downside risk is a wage slot. We lose Richarlison if this fails, and we lose Richarlison if we don't sign the player, so that's not at risk.

This seems like an easy risk management call to me. Roll the bones.

The thought of going from laying passes to and from Isco, bale, Ronaldo, Ramos, benzema and more to siggy, Delph, and Tom is puzzling but welcoming :) sign him up only if it’s a low fee.

It's not without risk, but bringing in players like Allan and Rodriguez is the only way we can keep Richarlison. If we keep Richarlison, we can do some serious damage in the transfer market when the 2017 deadweight clears in 22 months.

The downside risk is a wage slot. We lose Richarlison if this fails, and we lose Richarlison if we don't sign the player, so that's not at risk.

This seems like an easy risk management call to me. Roll the bones.

I see Allan and Hamez as stopgap signings for 3 seasons. Gives us some stability and enables us to build the team up over the next 2 summers when we lose 18 players (out of contract).

The team also looks pretty impressive:

Pickford
Arias Mina Holgate Digne
Allan Gbamim Doucoure
Hamez Richarlison
DCL
Gives us alot to build from over next 2 summers

The thought of going from laying passes to and from Isco, bale, Ronaldo, Ramos, benzema and more to siggy, Delph, and Tom is puzzling but welcoming :) sign him up only if it’s a low fee.

That's the problem. He's not been laying passes to any of those guys.

He's played 8 games for Madrid in the past 3 years.

He's worth a punt but his best days are definitely behind them. If they weren't he wouldn't be coming here.

Still for around 20 million it could be a solid signing.

That's the problem. He's not been laying passes to any of those guys.

He's played 8 games for Madrid in the past 3 years.

He's worth a punt but his best days are definitely behind them. If they weren't he wouldn't be coming here.

Still for around 20 million it could be a solid signing.

This post makes no sense to me.

A bit like writing off Coutinho for Barca games when hes been playing for Bayern

I think like many other decisions we have to just trust Ancelotti on this one, and if it happens it's a pretty big coup for us.
Haven't seen him play well since that world cup, but Mina + Ancelotti might inspire him, and being the main man at a smaller club sometimes brings out the best in people.
I know it's quite different but Arteta thrived here in a different role, different set up, after being considered a lightweight playmaker / winger before.

Yea I don’t enough about him to get excited and after looking at injuries, I’m shocked it’s not being talked about.

Please don't get too excited fellas, this probably isn't going to happen, and even if it does we need a lot more than him to turn into a decent team.

Status
Not open for further replies.