Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and don’t get me wrong i LOVE KDB and deffo think De Bruyne has the consistency although my only caveat would be James has had to do it at a higher level.... KDB wasn’t given a chance at Chelsea whilst Rodriguez was pivotal to that Porto squad... KDB performed amazingly at Wolfsburg whilst James had to do it for Real Madrid, i would say KDB man city has outperformed James in Munich or later Madrid

Again though alot of that has to do with the preference of Isco in the role ahead of him which is baffling as when i compare the stats... View attachment 99107View attachment 99108

I would have preferred James myself

To be on par with Isco is a hell of an achievement in its-self,

I would also put forward that granted David Silva was a phenom, Rodriguez faced stiffer competition for starting places during that time too

I only highlight these to show that his career hasn’t been as grim as others have made out , simply he didn’t fill Ronaldo’s shoes which the hype around him made everybody believe he could

He will DESTROY british defenders imo

Really bugging me how they made an error on the first graphic for key passes.

I agree, and don’t get me wrong i LOVE KDB and deffo think De Bruyne has the consistency although my only caveat would be James has had to do it at a higher level.... KDB wasn’t given a chance at Chelsea whilst Rodriguez was pivotal to that Porto squad... KDB performed amazingly at Wolfsburg whilst James had to do it for Real Madrid, i would say KDB man city has outperformed James in Munich or later Madrid

Again though alot of that has to do with the preference of Isco in the role ahead of him which is baffling as when i compare the stats... View attachment 99107View attachment 99108

I would have preferred James myself

To be on par with Isco is a hell of an achievement in its-self,

I would also put forward that granted David Silva was a phenom, Rodriguez faced stiffer competition for starting places during that time too

I only highlight these to show that his career hasn’t been as grim as others have made out , simply he didn’t fill Ronaldo’s shoes which the hype around him made everybody believe he could

He will DESTROY british defenders imo
That pass accuracy, think I've just made a mess in my pants

I didn't like him, I'm weird, sometimes I don't warm to a player and nothing they can do will change my view.

Tony Cottee, was the first I recall, plus Saha and Niasse, its strange. I mean Niasse was awful, but the other 2 scored a lot of goals and were honestly good players, but they were never for me.
I've always seen Cottee as a transition player for Everton, he signed when we were good and by the time he left we were in danger of relegation.

That's funny. The first thing I thought of was how many of those Richi would score. But I guess I'm the glass-half-full type, while you seem to be more of the somebody-probably-peed-in-that-glass type.

exactly... and of the two of us... who is more likely to drink piss in that scenario?

Wrap him up in cotton wool, don’t let him get injured.

Then let him sit in behind a striker or two and create, letting the likes of Richarlison, DCL, Allan and Doucoure do the running around him.

Would actually prefer an outright purchase but I know logically a loan might make more sense...
just want to know he is ours “full stop”

But Hamez in any form is top drawer!

Status
Not open for further replies.