Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question...

I’d be a liar if I said I had seen James Rodriguez play...I haven’t.
Is he really any good or is he just ok but been made to look like a superstar by playing with top notch players, if you get my drift.

Mate he really is a fantastic player, he really came to prominence during his time at Porto as a real stand out and then his Columbia performances solidified his move...

He his high energy, never stops moving and never stops fixing his positioning ensuring that he is in space off the ball to receive, his awareness of space and positioning is through the charts... watch ‘that goal’ vs Uruguay again, he changes position maybe 6 or 7 times, then pre empts when the ball is finally coming towards him, looks over his shoulder picks his spot then absolutely nails the technique

He has great ball control, but his biggest skill is his passing, both accuracy and range... i would be willing to bet he will get double figures in assists purely off picking the ball up on the edge of the box on the right hand side and lobbing the defence to the far post and oncoming Richarlison.... it is his trademark and he is easily top 5 in the world at it....

He also pops up with Blammos when needed and the only reason for his lack of appearances last season (mainly copa del ray) is due to his relationship with Zidane.... he is honestly on par with De Bruyne, he has slightly better ability, slightly worse consistency but a comparison i am happy making

The problem is people lack the ability to be objective in their judgement of him, because he didn't light the world up and become Ronaldo mach 2 at Madrid as was expected then he must be trash, fact is he is an amazing footballer and i still cannot believe him coming here is a possibility

Side note: i’m not sure how many will remember, however, strong rumours came out of talks between Moyes and Porto in the weeks prior to the world cup for the signing of James Rodriguez... his subsequent performance deaded that in the water, i have been a fan ever since

Mate he really is a fantastic player, he really came to prominence during his time at Porto as a real stand out and then his Columbia performances solidified his move...

He his high energy, never stops moving and never stops fixing his positioning ensuring that he is in space off the ball to receive, his awareness of space and positioning is through the charts... watch ‘that goal’ vs Uruguay again, he changes position maybe 6 or 7 times, then pre empts when the ball is finally coming towards him, looks over his shoulder picks his spot then absolutely nails the technique

He has great ball control, but his biggest skill is his passing, both accuracy and range... i would be willing to bet he will get double figures in assists purely off picking the ball up on the edge of the box on the right hand side and lobbing the defence to the far post and oncoming Richarlison.... it is his trademark and he is easily top 5 in the world at it....

He also pops up with Blammos when needed and the only reason for his lack of appearances last season (mainly copa del ray) is due to his relationship with Zidane.... he is honestly on par with De Bruyne, he has slightly better ability, slightly worse consistency but a comparison i am happy making

The problem is people lack the ability to be objective in their judgement of him, because he didn't light the world up and become Ronaldo mach 2 at Madrid as was expected then he must be trash, fact is he is an amazing footballer and i still cannot believe him coming here is a possibility

Side note: i’m not sure how many will remember, however, strong rumours came out of talks between Moyes and Porto in the weeks prior to the world cup for the signing of James Rodriguez... his subsequent performance deaded that in the water, i have been a fan ever since
Well this gets me excited. Let's get this man in!

It’s mad how him and bale are out of favour at Madrid because of Zidane

id take both in a heart beat bale may be 32 but he is still like Madrid 5th or 6th top scorer or something ridiculous

he obviously scored that famous goal against liverpool in champs league final but I think he scored a mad goal in a cup final against Barcelona where he was off the pitch and still outran the defender and scored

It's always negative with some. How about due to his quality he puts it "on a plate" 4/5 times a game, which he blazes over 60% and buries 40? I know optimism is frowned upon but there are some occasions for positivity. Carlo for 1 and now this cat.
I agree mate. We’ve lacked proper quality for a hell of a long time.
We’ve been so boring to watch as well

he was amazing in 2014 outshone every footballer at Brazil 2014 World Cup. Not really looked the same player since, certainly not strung consistent seasons together like kdb.
However, he is box office. Let’s hope we get a motivated player who stays injury free. I’m worried it could go eto’o

he was amazing in 2014 outshone every footballer at Brazil 2014 World Cup. Not really looked the same player since, certainly not strung consistent seasons together like kdb.
However, he is box office. Let’s hope we get a motivated player who stays injury free. I’m worried it could go eto’o

I agree, and don’t get me wrong i LOVE KDB and deffo think De Bruyne has the consistency although my only caveat would be James has had to do it at a higher level.... KDB wasn’t given a chance at Chelsea whilst Rodriguez was pivotal to that Porto squad... KDB performed amazingly at Wolfsburg whilst James had to do it for Real Madrid, i would say KDB man city has outperformed James in Munich or later Madrid

Again though alot of that has to do with the preference of Isco in the role ahead of him which is baffling as when i compare the stats...
B443C825-CA67-4C88-871C-4E543D101F55.jpeg
A5E5CD0A-8490-435E-93EA-9078B3FE1157.jpeg

I would have preferred James myself

To be on par with Isco is a hell of an achievement in its-self,

I would also put forward that granted David Silva was a phenom, Rodriguez faced stiffer competition for starting places during that time too

I only highlight these to show that his career hasn’t been as grim as others have made out , simply he didn’t fill Ronaldo’s shoes which the hype around him made everybody believe he could

He will DESTROY british defenders imo

Goinf to get revealed for Bank holiday to give us all a lift, then they'll all bang transfer requests in when they see Gylfi against Blackburn

Status
Not open for further replies.