Confirmed Signing James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
McNeill is the one we should never have considered.

How do we need him? We have plenty who can play out wide...Townsend cant be that far off: he reckons maybe October or just after the World Cup latest. And if you dont have a target man it's pointelss anyway, because that's McNeill's strength: hitting balls in to a forward of that nature.

That cash for McNeill could and should have paid for a new striker.

Won’t see Townsend till next year. He’s also bang average. We needed a wide player whether it was McNeil or someone else.

Won’t see Townsend till next year. He’s also bang average. We needed a wide player whether it was McNeil or someone else.
From the horses mouth: "Anywhere between October and just after the World Cup," he added on a potential timeframe for his return.

Gordon
Gray
Vinagre
Townsend

...we are desperate for a striker. McNeill wouldn't have been bought if DCL had been injured before he arrived. For sure.

From the horses mouth: "Anywhere between October and just after the World Cup," he added on a potential timeframe for his return.

Gordon
Gray
Vinagre
Townsend

...we are desperate for a striker. McNeill wouldn't have been bought if Dominic Calvert-Lewin had been injured before he arrived. For sure.

Yeh he says if he pushes it before the World Cup, which he won’t do and the club won’t do, after the WC is next year. He also says he’s 4 months in and is only halfway.

We won’t see him on the pitch for Everton this calendar year. Guaranteed.

Also why’ve you whacked a left-back as a winger but not added Patterson there who you keep telling me is a winger.

Yeh he says if he pushes it before the World Cup, which he won’t do and the club won’t do, after the WC is next year. He also says he’s 4 months in and is only halfway.

We won’t see him on the pitch for Everton this calendar year. Guaranteed.

Also why’ve you whacked a left-back as a winger but not added Patterson there who you keep telling me is a winger.
No chance Townsend will be back this calendar year imo. At his age with an acl they won’t be taking any risks.

Really good piece on this lad in The Athletic - [Paid Content - Blacklisted]/3569675/2022/09/07/james-garner-everton-summer-window/

The common thread is that is more suited as a playmaking number 6. Will be interesting to see how Frank uses him.
Thanks for highlighting this article. Good read.

I think he’ll be a good alternative to Gueye in the games we might be expected to dominate possession a little more and need additional creativity to break teams down. I like the Carrick comparisons - he was a fantastic player.

Set piece skills an added bonus.

Fulsome praise in that Athletic article.

I said a week ago he's the one I'm looking forward to seeing most of the new signings...although I also said to @bluestevon (who advocated we bring him here) that on the evidence of his Forest cup games he didn't stand out for me.

If he's as good as they say then Lampard has a lot of decisions to make on who takes up starting places in midfield. Could well be with the lack of a creative attacking force he plays as an out and out playmaker, a *No.10* as you hipsters say.

Gordon
Gray
Vinagre
Townsend

...we are desperate for a striker. McNeill wouldn't have been bought if Dominic Calvert-Lewin had been injured before he arrived. For sure.
He may be back from injury Dave but I think that most players need to be playing for twelve months to fully recover from serious injury.
Mentally and physically it is not easy to get back to your best.

It is foolish in the extreme to judge McNeil or any other player after they have just arrived at the club.
Players settle differently and maybe are adjusting to roles they did not have to play before.

We have seen time after time that players who are written off too quickly can come good.

He may be back from injury Dave but I think that most players need to be playing for twelve months to fully recover from serious injury.
Mentally and physically it is not easy to get back to your best.

It is foolish in the extreme to judge McNeil or any other player after they have just arrived at the club.
Players settle differently and maybe are adjusting to roles they did not have to play before.

We have seen time after time that players who are written off too quickly can come good.
It was mad to sign a player who's main attribute is to cross the ball when we have no target man apart from a player who breaks down every 5th game or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.