Confirmed Signing James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats this now?

The Ghost of Brands lives rent free in so many peoples heads, hes gone lads, he cant hurt you no more, hes off winning trophies at a proper club.
Brands lives in our heads rent free yet he's the one constantly briefing the athletic on how he scouted every player we signed first and it was actually his idea. He's a pathetic bitter man who wasn't any good at his job.

Brands lives in our heads rent free yet he's the one constantly briefing the athletic on how he scouted every player we signed first and it was actually his idea. He's a pathetic bitter man who wasn't any good at his job.
But just move on mate.

I mean Steve Walsh does the same, it doesnt matter what they wanted to do, both failed at the job and arent our concern.

Honest question. What hole does he fill in our team?

For me he doesn't and I'm someone who's excited by his potential.

I suspect given Lampard's words about him he'll be part of the greater whole, a midfield cog capable of performing multiple roles as dictated by requirements at that time.

Our new Irish maruading midfielder O'Nana get's injured? He's playing box to box.
Gueye gets injured? He's sitting deep and dictating play.
Iwobi gets injured? He grows dreads and runs around like a demented witch on crack picking up pieces and driving forwards.

We have a great balance to our midfield now and Garner seems very much capable of all and I'm thrilled to see him grow.
It very much seems I've got him pegged as a sub here but it's honestly not my intention, he'll get plenty of gametime as a starter, I just very much feel he's capable of filling in multiple roles in our midfield so wouldn't want to pidgeon hole him.

I suspect given Lampard's words about him he'll be part of the greater whole, a midfield cog capable of performing multiple roles as dictated by requirements at that time.

Our new Irish maruading midfielder O'Nana get's injured? He's playing box to box.
Iwobi gets injured? He grows dreads and runs around like a demented witch on crack picking up pieces and driving forwards.

We have a great balance to our midfield now and Garner seems very much capable of all and I'm thrilled to see him grow.
It very much seems I've got him pegged as a sub here but it's honestly not my intention, he'll get plenty of gametime as a starter, I just very much feel he's capable of filling in multiple roles in our midfield so wouldn't want to pidgeon hole him.
Yup the plan appears to be to have four midfielders pushing each other for a starting spot

Thanks for the clarity you've seen, it was beyond me. Hence the question.

Put it this way. You can field a team with 5 central midfielders and use the wingbacks for width. You cannot field a team of 5 wingers due to defensive responsibilities. It’s much better to be stacked in this area than to be overloaded in an area that can only field so many. This is the most important position to have depth. CM’s tend to be more versatile.

Thanks for the clarity you've seen, it was beyond me. Hence the question.

I'll be honest mate, my opinions are formed from watching him in the play offs and the cup so hardly extensive.
I do however work with a Forest fan and several United who have all spoke so glowingly of him I almost felt embarrassed.
Decent lads as well, football fans who call it as they see it.

Let's put it this way, if/when he proves to be a roaring success here I won't be quoting myself proving my desperation to be accepted as a football guru.

I'll be honest mate, my opinions are formed from watching him in the play offs and the cup so hardly extensive.
I do however work with a Forest fan and several United who have all spoke so glowingly of him I almost felt embarrassed.
Decent lads as well, football fans who call it as they see it.

Let's put it this way, if/when he proves to be a roaring success here I won't be quoting myself proving my desperation to be accepted as a football guru.

His signing just seems like surplus to the requirements for me but I like how you explained it.

Status
Not open for further replies.