Confirmed Signing James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are signing this lad which looks likely then I can't really see the need for signing gueye unless if we are always going to play 3 in the middle. We will have iwobi, onana and garner so where does gueye fit into this? We then still have Allan, doucoure, gomes and Davies on the books. Surely the wages for Gana will be better used elsewhere.

We still need another target man and another winger I feel. If we can get those two positions filled then we will be safe for sure you would think.
You’re forgetting we pick up injuries like they’re going out of fashion.

Theres a lad on here that knows his family, said that they are all raging kopites.

Not really an issue, before the pages of Peter Reid and others happen.

So, potentially, he’s another Kopite sleeper agent, same as the Kopite Coady.

Whose only mission in life, is to bring down Everton football club, from inside ?

Ps - Dave told me this, so it must be true.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 15.58.54.png

Exactly, the board aren't serious until they managed to overturn that.
The thing is, and very much bc of the ability to defend the midfield, the mids will score more goals.
Like, what are the stats (goals, assists) for Davies, Gomes, Alan, Gana, Scneiderlin, Barry, Mc Carthy etc combined.
Garner, Onana, Iwobi may equal them all within one season (not this season, it'll take time of course)
I don't think any of them are the sort to bomb it in from the next area code the way Lampard did on the regular. I suspect he's going to want to primarily see more assists coming out of midfield, unless they catch it on the volley or half-volley in space.

They’ll have an entire midfield of weak bodied players from the Dutch league by next summer and won’t need him.

Price will have been set just below what we would hope to sell him for if he is fantastic. If he isn’t fantastic it’s irrelevant, and we will still sell him for more than £20m to a newly promoted team.

A lot of it is a face saving backstop for the selling team so if he turns into a superstar, they won’t get criticised for releasing an academy prospect that then succeeded; they just buy him back for less that market value and pretend to look clever.

Is he actually good ? Never heard of him, why didn’t Forest try and sign him after he was loaned to them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.