Confirmed Signing James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are signing this lad which looks likely then I can't really see the need for signing gueye unless if we are always going to play 3 in the middle. We will have iwobi, onana and garner so where does gueye fit into this? We then still have Allan, doucoure, gomes and Davies on the books. Surely the wages for Gana will be better used elsewhere.

We still need another target man and another winger I feel. If we can get those two positions filled then we will be safe for sure you would think.
Probably going to be:

Gana
Iwobi Onana

with Garner, Doucoure & Davies as bench options. Gomes and Allan are out of contract in the summer and we might be able to subsidize one or both of them on a late loan, either this week or in January. Agreed on the need for more attackers, but this is an excellent problem to have.

Probably going to be:

Gana
Iwobi Onana

with Garner, Doucoure & Davies as bench options. Gomes and Allan are out of contract in the summer and we might be able to subsidize one or both of them on a late loan, either this week or in January. Agreed on the need for more attackers, but this is an excellent problem to have.
Onana and Gana are likely to time-share some until both are up to speed for the 90. After that, it's anyone's guess who performs well enough to get the starts.

Had a peak on the Forest forum earlier and they love and want him back in the PL - always a good sign.
I just went to have a look myself, but they had board names like “Forest Banter,” and “Football Banter,” and player thread titles with middle names like “Steve Anthony Cook” and “Samuel William Surridge.”

I couldn’t stay there after that.

Seems straight forward to me. Likely staying at 3 in the midfield.

Has to be Onana, Gana and Iwobi for now. With Doucoure and Garner getting game time and rotation if / when needed. Davies very last back up.

Options we so badly need.
We did I agree but we are really struggling for goals and dcl cannot be relied upon for fitness. So we do need a target man striker as well. Broja on loan and chukweze on an initial loan with option to buy would complete the squad for this season

I just went to have a look myself, but they had board names like “Forest Banter,” and “Football Banter,” and player thread titles with middle names like “Steve Anthony Cook” and “Samuel William Surridge.”

I couldn’t stay there after that.

I'm surprised half their middle names aren't scab.

Onana and Gana are likely to time-share some until both are up to speed for the 90. After that, it's anyone's guess who performs well enough to get the starts.
Yes can see Gana or Onana at 6 until Onana gets to peak.
With Garner and Iwobi either side of Onana, it'd be official - we're no longer a soft touch.

Yes can see Gana or Onana at 6 until Onana gets to peak.
With Garner and Iwobi either side of Onana, it'd be official - we're no longer a soft touch.
Would be lovely to see us quit playing nice in "Mother, May I?" when the opposition wants to stroll through midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.