Confirmed Signing Jack Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think hes a smart signing.

A loan, so low risk. 5,8 and 8 goals in a poor team is a good return. Works hard and has good defensive numbers, and as many opportunities created as Iwobi who was our most creative player.

Downside of he wont be able to play straight away, but feels a bit of a snip.
He has a 21% tackle win rate, that is like league 1 level stuff, also had alot of misplaced passes and was dispossessed last season (way, way more than Iwobi who gets slated at the moment for similar) We also shouldn't be touching a player with hip issues imo but that's another story. I'm glad it's only a loan at the moment.

Sky saying no option to buy, surely we should have an option in it.
He signed a new deal in February this year, a five year contract with the clause for relegation.
Leeds have very fresh memories of being stuck with players on prem salaries and being unable to offload them when they were relegated and the subsequent destruction that did.
They'll keep their powder dry for the season and chance bouncing back up a league and so have a player or two of prem level to then rely on. Don't come back up then either chance it and loan again or hope the season their players have had elsewhere has convinced the clubs signing the loanees to cough up the big bucks.
Having read the earlier mentioned link to a thread on a Leeds forum, they're on a rolling-boil with the chaps running their club and the apparent stupidity and chaos being inflicted with purpose and venom. Made my heart soar that we're not so different after all. The wannabe relevant bellends!

This may sound like a stupid question, but why are we signing a player who`s injured and not a striker ?

Am I missing something here or does he need to be dipped in sawdust and have a large magnet rubbed over his head ?
It's a pre-emptive signing. Most of our signings get injured AFTER we sign them. This one is just oven-ready. He's not a striker just because it's Everton, we don't sign strikers.

He signed a new deal in February this year, a five year contract with the clause for relegation.
Leeds have very fresh memories of being stuck with players on prem salaries and being unable to offload them when they were relegated and the subsequent destruction that did.
They'll keep their powder dry for the season and chance bouncing back up a league and so have a player or two of prem level to then rely on. Don't come back up then either chance it and loan again or hope the season their players have had elsewhere has convinced the clubs signing the loanees to cough up the big bucks.
Having read the earlier mentioned link to a thread on a Leeds forum, they're on a rolling-boil with the chaps running their club and the apparent stupidity and chaos being inflicted with purpose and venom. Made my heart soar that we're not so different after all. The wannabe relevant bellends!
Some of those players with the loan clause were moving into the last year of their contract…..stooopid

Status
Not open for further replies.