Its on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen us this optimistic for a ages, i'm loving coming on here at the moment it was so depressing and angry earlier on in the season.

LONG LIVE MOYES, KING OF THE UNIVERSE. TAKE US FORWARD TO GLORY OUR LEADER SUPREME. YAAAAAAAR.

Let's calm down a bit. We're closer to the relegation zone that we are to European football at the moment, and we have some very tough fixtures coming up.

We just need to take it a game at a time. We will need to pull out some huge performances and will need to pick up at least 9 points from: Liverpool/Chelsea/ManU/Spurs/Villa to be in with a shout of getting back to a UEFA position.

Let's calm down a bit. We're closer to the relegation zone that we are to European football at the moment, and we have some very tough fixtures coming up.

We just need to take it a game at a time. We will need to pull out some huge performances and will need to pick up at least 9 points from: Liverpool/Chelsea/ManU/Spurs/Villa to be in with a shout of getting back to a UEFA position.

spoilsport

booooooooooooooooooooooo. are you a panto villain? only joking.;)

Its defo on

we will know better after the february fixtures but was thinking the same way while watching us rip apart city.

COYTM

Its defo on

we will know better after the february fixtures but was thinking the same way while watching us rip apart city.

COYTM

If we play like we did against city then we can defo take something from l'pool/spurs/villa - i reckon 6/7 pts. Anything from chelsea/man u will be a bonus.

There is every chance of Euro Soccer again next season, but it's not going to be easy, 10th place, 26 points, already half way through the season, lot's of points to be had still, twelve points off the Champions League places, ok, in all probablility we can count that out, but let's look at more realistic targets.

Ten away from a UEFA placing, maybe there will be an extra place due to the winners of the League cup yet to be determined, but let's not settle for a mid table finish, keep pushing, get key players back, and also keep an eye on the FA cup, I fancy another wembley day out, after recent performances we look a good bet to do well again.

I haven't see us play so well since the '95 FA cup semi final against Spurs.

The way we moved the ball at times on Saturday was breath taking.

I feel we could catch the current Top 7 if we can get a half decent points tally from February's fixtures.

there was a brief spell towards the end of the 95/96 campaign where the team really did well, sure we beat Sheffield Wednesday by a cricket score at Hillsborough, and beat a really good Villa side on the last day, but lost out to a UEFA cup place late on by Arsenal sneaking into 6th place ahead of us.

after the Port Vale cup exit the players really pulled their socks up, and played some great football for the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.