Transfer Rumour Ishak Belfodil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know nowt about this player but it seems those who have watched him rave about his workrate. That's all us fans want to see (even if ability is limited - remember Straquilarsi). We dont need a main goalscorer, just someone who can run around annoying defences and making room for Rom. If RK and SW see that this guy can do it for us, that's good enough for me.
People liked Straq because at the time we had no money and the likes of McFadden, Joao Silva, Magaue Gueye, Apostolos Vellios and Victor Anichebe.

So he's Steven Naismith then? Which isn't necessarily a bad thing as seeing what we have now for backup strikers, but in hindsight we should have bloody kept him in the first place..

I think Belfodil is technically better than Naismith and capable of creating his own chances (sometimes ou of nowhere) and he has a good freekick as well.

Never even heard of the guy before this week, so don't know wat to expect. Too already start slagging him is a bit too early and easy imo.

Just look at Pelle's statistics before he joined Feyenoord under Koeman. Never was a prolific goalscorer at any club. You can safely say that RK brought the best out of him.
Screenshot_20170111-163059.png

Wasn't Kante playing in the lower tier of the French league when Walsh spotted him??
Thought it was from Ligue 1 but you're right they'd just got promoted. He's clearly seen as one of the best bargains of the last decade though, and not typical.

So yes, there are always diamonds in the rough - and as I've mentioned several times already, I'd hope that we continue to unearth the gems. I don't particularly think this kid is one mind, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

We'll see whether he's going to be an Okazaki or a Kante soon, I'm sure.

Everton have made Standard Liege's £10.5m-rated Algeria forward Ishak Belfodil a prime transfer target.

Director of football Steve Walsh has identified Belfodil, 24, as a potential addition and Everton have registered their interest with his Belgian club.

Everton's transfer activities have moved up a gear since Koeman demanded action after the FA Cup third-round exit to Leicester.

Manchester United's Morgan Schneiderlin is having a medical on Wednesday.

The France midfielder, 27, is expected to cost the Toffees up to £24m. They have already signed Charlton Athletic forward Ademola Lookman, 19, for £11m this month.

Belfodil, who is not in Algeria's Africa Cup of Nations squad, is currently training with Standard Liege at their warm weather camp in Spain while negotiations continue, with no deal between the clubs yet agreed.

He only joined the club in the summer and has had a nomadic career including spells with Lyon, Bologna, Parma, Inter Milan, Livorno and Baniyas in the United Arab Emirates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38588285

Status
Not open for further replies.