Please login to remove this advert.

Transfer Rumour Ishak Belfodil

Discussion in 'Everton Forum' started by Neiziro, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tubey

Tubey Player Valuation: £1m Forum Supporter

Clicked the thread, sneezed, opened eyes and this was the first thing I read.

Freaked me the hell out.

• Like Like x 6
  2. ultra

ultra Player Valuation: £500k

Wasn't Kante playing in the lower tier of the French league when Walsh spotted him??

• Like Like x 2
  3. BigDunc'sFod

BigDunc'sFod Player Valuation: £500k Forum Supporter

People liked Straq because at the time we had no money and the likes of McFadden, Joao Silva, Magaue Gueye, Apostolos Vellios and Victor Anichebe.

4. Moomin

Moomin Player Valuation: £950k

Rom has scored more goals for us last season than this lid has scored in his whole career.

Swerve.

5. Librarian

Librarian Player Valuation: £750k

6. DRM

DRM Player Valuation: £500k

I think Belfodil is technically better than Naismith and capable of creating his own chances (sometimes ou of nowhere) and he has a good freekick as well.

7. Dutch Toffee

Dutch Toffee Moderator Staff Member

Never even heard of the guy before this week, so don't know wat to expect. Too already start slagging him is a bit too early and easy imo.

Just look at Pelle's statistics before he joined Feyenoord under Koeman. Never was a prolific goalscorer at any club. You can safely say that RK brought the best out of him.
    Screenshot_20170111-163059.png

• Like Like x 7
  8. DRM

DRM Player Valuation: £500k

And Ndidi from Leicester comes from the Belgian league and played against us after a couple of days training.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nobody has ever watched him play but some are branding a player crap based on Wikipedia.
    Gang of nob heads.

• Like Like x 18
  10. BigDunc'sFod

BigDunc'sFod Player Valuation: £500k Forum Supporter

Thought it was from Ligue 1 but you're right they'd just got promoted. He's clearly seen as one of the best bargains of the last decade though, and not typical.

So yes, there are always diamonds in the rough - and as I've mentioned several times already, I'd hope that we continue to unearth the gems. I don't particularly think this kid is one mind, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

We'll see whether he's going to be an Okazaki or a Kante soon, I'm sure.

11. Gerbs

Gerbs Player Valuation: £500k

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I've been more excited about upcoming bowel movements than this signing

• Like Like x 2
  12. USABlue

USABlue Player Valuation: £500k

Seen him play mate?

13. billytoffee

billytoffee Player Valuation: £500k

So you'd rather stick with Kone then?

14. Groucho

Groucho Moderator Staff Member

Glad I wasn't alone here.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sam17

sam17 Player Valuation: £100k

Everton have made Standard Liege's £10.5m-rated Algeria forward Ishak Belfodil a prime transfer target.

Director of football Steve Walsh has identified Belfodil, 24, as a potential addition and Everton have registered their interest with his Belgian club.

Everton's transfer activities have moved up a gear since Koeman demanded action after the FA Cup third-round exit to Leicester.

Manchester United's Morgan Schneiderlin is having a medical on Wednesday.

The France midfielder, 27, is expected to cost the Toffees up to £24m. They have already signed Charlton Athletic forward Ademola Lookman, 19, for £11m this month.

Belfodil, who is not in Algeria's Africa Cup of Nations squad, is currently training with Standard Liege at their warm weather camp in Spain while negotiations continue, with no deal between the clubs yet agreed.

He only joined the club in the summer and has had a nomadic career including spells with Lyon, Bologna, Parma, Inter Milan, Livorno and Baniyas in the United Arab Emirates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38588285

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.