Transfer Rumour Ishak Belfodil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth noting that Okaka that played a blinder against us came from the Belgian league. Lukaku made his reputation there too.

Would give him a chance before slagging him off. He's still yet to enter his prime, coming to a new league and will take time to adapt. Looks like a player Koeman would like, not exactly a very technical player but a proper target man that will get on the end of our crosses and bring teammates into the game with his hold-up play. Good workrate as well so that should get the "yer da" community onside.

I'd also like to point out that it's his 25th birthday tomorrow!

Thought it was from Ligue 1 but you're right they'd just got promoted. He's clearly seen as one of the best bargains of the last decade though, and not typical.

So yes, there are always diamonds in the rough - and as I've mentioned several times already, I'd hope that we continue to unearth the gems. I don't particularly think this kid is one mind, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

We'll see whether he's going to be an Okazaki or a Kante soon, I'm sure.

I am delighted that Walsh is trying to find more "diamonds in the rough" (he has found loads already, not only Kante) and I must say I do find it baffling how some fans knee-jerk reaction is to complain about players we are linked to from lower-standard leagues. They don't have to look far to see the benefits of this policy - Idrissa Gana Gueye!

Rom has scored more goals for us last season than this lid has scored in his whole career.

Swerve.

...Graham Sharp wasn't prolific but he was a perfect foil for Lineker, Gray and Heath. I understand Walsh is a statistics guru so I suspect there's something in the numbers that impresses. It might be a bit of an underwhelming signing but if it's who RK/SW want then let's judge him on how he performs for us.

Seems a bit odd that he didn't make the Algeria squad, but maybe that's because he's only turned it on fairly recently.

Got to trust Koeman/Walsh on this one, from this short youtube video he looks decent in the air. I suspect he'll be our 'Pelle' and like Pelle I expect he'll do well because we'll play to his strengths by whipping balls into the box constantly.

My own scouting system (YouTube) has not given me any inspirational feelings in regards to this signing.

I am delighted that Walsh is trying to find more "diamonds in the rough" (he has found loads already, not only Kante) and I must say I do find it baffling how some fans knee-jerk reaction is to complain about players we are linked to from lower-standard leagues. They don't have to look far to see the benefits of this policy - Idrissa Gana Gueye!
If he can be as half as effective for us as gana is I think we'd be delighted.

Didn't get why we wanted Perez or Gabidiani fellow.. and not sure why we want this guy.. not too sure either what a Walsh signing means ? I thought it was a hidden gem or overlooked genius .. not sure this guy fits any bill based purely on his stats. Walsh I took as a moneyball type.. maybe his "other" stats are incredible.

On the other hand. He might be Algerian but played youth for France throughout. He seems to be having a cracker season for Liege with 6 goals in 14 games.. but it's really his first decent season

...Graham Sharp wasn't prolific but he was a perfect foil for Lineker, Gray and Heath. I understand Walsh is a statistics guru so I suspect there's something in the numbers that impresses. It might be a bit of an underwhelming signing but if it's who RK/SW want then let's judge him on how he performs for us.

Presume that is a different player to our second highest scorer of all time Graeme Sharp? :) 30 goals for us in one season Sharp?

Status
Not open for further replies.