Transfer Rumour ISCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 28, proven on the highest level that he's a more than capable midfielder.

He's shown he can be the big fish in a little pond at Málaga, so I have no doubt he'd instantly improve us.

Any doubters should ask themselves... are Gomes and Sigurdsson better than him? Then you have the answer to whether Isco would be a good signing.

ive just had a look at his stats, his last 50 matches have seen him play as a midfielder in roughly a quarter of those games. The rest he’s played as either an attacking midfielder or a wide forward. His goal and assist statistics for that period and going back aren’t exactly wowing. I think he’s a quality player in the right team I’m a bit worried he’d be another James in that he’d either be outstanding or none existent and I’d worry we couldn’t accommodate another one of those players in our current starting 11. I’d worry about his defensive side of the game in solid midfield 3 given Doucoure and Allan have struggled in some games albeit recently with an isolated attack ahead of them and absolutely no pace for an outlet.

I’ve thought about your question at the end there and honestly, in this league with no prior experience in it I can’t honestly answer it given his lack of mobility is something we lambast both Gomez and Sigurdsson for. Has he been a better player, undoubtably yes, would he be I honestly don’t know. He’s a brilliant passer, great eye for it but who’s he passing to that’s running beyond the lines in this set up? If we got him in conjunction with another Richarlison type player I’d say he could be a good buy but if we don’t buy that player to go into the team I’d worry he’d be a bit wasted

id be happy with a 2 from Zakaria / Doucoure / Allan / Gbamin or swap Zakaria for Camavinga if we went 442 or had a RS-esque 3 hardworkers in the middle.

My preference though would be to have James in the 10 role behind DCL with a RW signed...

We would need 2 playmakers really in case james is out...surely Puig from Barca to rotate in/out.

Not sure on that...

Think Gomes but more inclined to push forward and a better passer.

Hard to say hed be brilliant in the league and we will lack pace
Some great players mentioned there especially Puig who'd be a quality signing for any team. We're not looking to build a wall though in the middle we need to upgrade on Gomes who I think Isco at this age is like. Alena can push and pass forward consistently game after game unlike Gomes or Isco now at this point in their careers. We also need cover at rw if James is injured or moves into the middle which Aleña could do allowing us to change shape during games. Still need a quality rb with pace to give us more width down the right so we don't burn Seamus out which will also allow James to cut into the middle more.

Some great players mentioned there especially Puig who'd be a quality signing for any team. We're not looking to build a wall though in the middle we need to upgrade on Gomes who I think Isco at this age is like. Alena can push and pass forward consistently game after game unlike Gomes or Isco now at this point in their careers. We also need cover at rw if James is injured or moves into the middle which Aleña could do allowing us to change shape during games. Still need a quality rb with pace to give us more width down the right so we don't burn Seamus out which will also allow James to cut into the middle more.
I’m torn between back up for James being a quick direct player which always causes problems or that intelligent playmaker like James. It would be hard to get a good standard player like James just happy to sit on the bench. I think likely we will go for a versatile attacker that can play across the front 3

I’m torn between back up for James being a quick direct player which always causes problems or that intelligent playmaker like James. It would be hard to get a good standard player like James just happy to sit on the bench. I think likely we will go for a versatile attacker that can play across the front 3
I'd love to see Simms seize his chance for 1st team football if only for the bench. He's never going to get a clearer path than this season, youngsters getting their chances like Holgate, dcl, Davies, Godfrey, Kenny and Branthwaite all should inspire him to seize his chance. If Simms seizes his opportunity and if Kean comes back a man we'll be more than fine up top.If kean keeps scoring and doesn't want back then good money in the summer to continue rebuild. Still need the righthand side sorted injuries or loss of form to James or Seamus we're stuck. Someone who can create consistently unlike Gomes and who can play rw too if needed should be imo a priority as well as a good fast young rb.

id be happy with a 2 from Zakaria / Doucoure / Allan / Gbamin or swap Zakaria for Camavinga if we went 442 or had a RS-esque 3 hardworkers in the middle.

My preference though would be to have James in the 10 role behind DCL with a RW signed...

We would need 2 playmakers really in case james is out...surely Puig from Barca to rotate in/out.

Not sure on that...

Think Gomes but more inclined to push forward and a better passer.

Hard to say hed be brilliant in the league and we will lack pace
Zakaria would cost atleast 70 mil according to their sporting director

He's 28, proven on the highest level that he's a more than capable midfielder.

He's shown he can be the big fish in a little pond at Málaga, so I have no doubt he'd instantly improve us.

Any doubters should ask themselves... are Gomes and Sigurdsson better than him? Then you have the answer to whether Isco would be a good signing.

Too be fair we were creaming our kecks when we knew we were bringing Gomes in, going on about how boss he was at Valencia and how he was just having a bad time at Bara because of the way he was being treated (a bit like Isco at Madrid) etc.

Gomes is nowhere near the level of Isco. Even when Isco eats breakfast, lunch, dinner, and supper at McDonald's all year round, and does not move more than 10 steps a day, Isco will still be several classes better than Gomes. It's like comparing Naismith to Ronaldo.

Yeah hes a great player but did we learn nothing from the 43 number 10's we bought with good ole Walsh? We need fast outlets on the wings and through the middle more than another passer. If hes cheap and his wages are low then crack on but thats unlikely. We have Siggy and Gomes both of whom are not as good as Isco but we just dont need another. Id take Sancho ; )

Isco's biggest advantage over Gomes is that he can hold possession with his dribble.

Assuming they are equal at everything else, which I think they are actually pretty even, that's a good quality to have in our team especially when the other 2 midfielders are not quite technical
Isco can dribble??

Yeah hes a great player but did we learn nothing from the 43 number 10's we bought with good ole Walsh? We need fast outlets on the wings and through the middle more than another passer. If hes cheap and his wages are low then crack on but thats unlikely. We have Siggy and Gomes both of whom are not as good as Isco but we just dont need another. Id take Sancho ; )
We need pace yes, but we desperately need a creative passer in midfielder too. I said before the season started it looked like all we would be able to was pass the ball out wide every time we get it and put endless crosses into the box, because there's no creativity in the middle. And that's exactly what we do. Every game is the same, we offer nothing down the middle at all, it needs to be addressed somehow, and if we're sticking with this formation it needs to be bringing someone in because the players we have aren't capable of it. Gomes and Sigurdsson haven't even been competent at keeping the ball moving, nevermind playing incisive balls forward. For all his faults, Iwobi is the one who's looked most promising in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.