Transfer Rumour ISCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s infectious. I thought when we got 3 good players in the midfield straight into the first team it would change and it did for a bit but one loss came and they got observed by the others.

I genuinely think we would need a window where we sell the whole first team and the subs and replace them all for Everton to have a different mindset.

Everton have about 5 players at most who would get into the match day squad of a top 4 side. Far too many fans are either blind to the dross at the club or in fact support an entirely different team

Everton have about 5 players at most who would get into the match day squad of a top 4 side. Far too many fans are either blind to the dross at the club or in fact support an entirely different team
Yeah I'm starting to think this myself, we are blind when it comes Everton.

When i was younger i convinced myself that Matt Jackson should have been first choice Rb for England ahead of Gary Neville and Rob Jones.

Blind

Yup, James, Richarlison, Digne, and probably Allan and Calvert-Lewin. That's pretty much it. And people are expecting us to challenge the top four. I said it all season, we'll probably end up about 9th and that's par for the course this season. The job Carlo has is huge. The vast majority of the squad just isn't up to it. The newer lads, such as Doucoure and Godfrey, deserve a chance to show if they have got what it takes, but we don't have forever. The rest of the squad is detritus, consisting of failed signings (Gomes, Iwobi, Mina, Keane), faded stars (Coleman, Siggy), and younger players who have missed the boat (Davies, Kenny). The likes of Gbamin and Holgate are in a category of their own - out too long to know if they're ever going to really succeed at Everton. We won't mention the goalkeeper, who could do absolutely anything from match to match right now...

So, yeah, by my reckoning that's a huge squad-building task, let alone a team-building one. The good news is that the league is so compact and of such similar standard that there is huge scope for material achievement if we can make the significant improvement that Ancelotti will expect to make (with the right financial backing). One or two of the above could still make a leap in performance (possibly Keane) under him, just as DCL has, but other than the big five and the newer signings, everyone else is on borrowed time. Mason Holgate is now 24, for example. He's not a kid anymore. The injury was cruel, but that's life. Everton have a terrible tendency of holding on to players who just drift into a mediocre stasis for years. We're overpaying for utter ordinariness.

Like others, I’ve been on about this many times and this is my last word on the subject. Open your eyes fellow Blues, we have a squad of BANG AVERAGE players. However, notwithstanding that, fitness and attitude can take you a long way, but we are lacking in both imo.

He is 100% what we need. A creator in the middle of the park.

Allan and Doucoure can grunt around but we have no connection from the back to front, need another creator to help James and Richie into space.

As we even saw today, good Gomes can do that, but his inconsistency means he won’t ever be able to nail that role down.

Made hard work of world beaters Burnely as we did against relegation bound Fulham. With some challenging games ahead its not looking too good. As long as Carlo selects all them losers in the match day squad I wont mention and refuses to look at the youngsters he is only impacting his own future with the club.

Kenny, Gordon and Nkounkou would be far better options than the rubbish he is taking to games. Delph should surrender and admit he is ****, how this waster gets game time is mind boggling

Status
Not open for further replies.