Is Kenwright that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteshadow

Player Valuation: £20m
I don't really get why everyone is giving Kenwright such a hard time.

He brought a top draw manager to the club (before he was a big name) and has supported him in any way he can since he's been here, breaking the transfer record and wage budgets along the way.

Ok, he's been poor at finding us a viable option for a new stadium and new investment but I think he is more of a true supporter than half of the fans who criticise him. He's given Moyes the financial freedom to keep hold of players many other chairman would have forced through sales on and although we are in debt it's not unmanageable.

I think Kenwrights plan was to keep hold of Moyes at all costs, due to his ability, and push the boat out as far as he can financially, without risking the clubs long term future and to hope in doing so that it would attract investment in to the club.

Ok, so we haven't attracted that investement but I don't get why so many people are knocking Kenwright when he's done all he can to support Moyes.

Moyes trusts Kenwright and tbh if it wasn't for Kenwright I don't think Moyes would still be at our club.

Many posters who are anti Kenwright are complaining about lack of signings but at the same time are complaining about our current financial plight, a bit hypocritical. Kenwright has given Moyes all the available money he can gather and let him have total control over who stays and goes.

I'll always be grateful to Kenwright for bringing Moyes to our club. Kenwright saw something in Moyes before any other clubs did. I think some of our fans have been spoilt by the club overachieving so much in recent years.

If it wasn't for Kenwright, we wouldn't have Moyes, we wouldn't have consistently finished so highly in the league. There's a good chance we would have been relegated.

Kenwright is at fault for not finding us a new stadium\investor but overall he's always done whatever he can for the club. It takes a bigger man to stand infront of the firing line and have shots taken at you, when all you're trying to do is the right thing, than be the person lurking in the shadows taking potshots.

COYB's!!

Btw, I'm new on the forum, prob not a great topic for a first post but I've had a couple of beers. lol

Hey all btw. :)

Hiya, Bill. Do your Phillip Green impression again, that cracked me up that!

lol Only joking. Welcome, matey.

He took over the reigns when Peter Johnson lost control. Kenwright only wants what's best for the club as we all do, if we do get a buyer let's hope Bill find's the right one or we could end up like Birmingham City but please give Bill a break

In my opinion bill is not the owner/ chairman I would like I think he is mad with life because his girlfriend used to be with Micheal winner !!

Bills not a bad person. He just doesn't have the financial capability to input capital into the club. If he did I'm sure we'd all see him very differently. I'm certain he'd love to be Everton's Jack Walker but football is a lot different even than when he took the reigns from Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.