"Is David Moyes Really As Good As People Make Out?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a fair comment Foxy, i respect your opinion more than most - bit surprised, considering the pressure he is working under and lack of comparable finances, don't you think he has overachieved and set unreasonable expectations? ( is that wrong?!)
bry i want to see everton going out to win games not going out to avoid defeat,moyes sends them out not to get beat ,everton under moyes r not nice to watch full stop,bry getting beat 1/0 sat, qpr get a corner ten mins to go everyman and his dog come back to defend it ,what the fook is that all about ,beckford gets all the stick hes never played the lad 3 games on the run ,anfield last year the lad scores ,and was starting to stretch them 5 mins later takes him off ,end of

David Moyes Positives:

-He seems to keep the morale at the club at a good level all the time.
-He shows good bouncebackability by normally following a negative result with a positive one
-He has made some good signings for cheap in his spell at the club
-He seems to get the team up for games against the big clubs

Negatives:

-He struggles to get results against weaker teams
-He has his favourites and will persist in playing them, regardless of whether it is in the best interest of the team for that particular game
-His tactics are questionable, particularly when falling behind in a match, he does little to change things and often this results in a loss. Moyes fault for losing these games Sporting Lisbon (away) didnt go for the jugular against team with shattered confidence, Chelsea FA Cup final (closed shop after 5 minutes and invited pressure for rest of the game) QPR (Home) dont even need to explain this one.
-He thinks he is better than what he is
-He comes accross as stubborn and arrogant sometimes and doesn't seem to answer the questions that need answering
-His first 11 selections are strange. Again QPR, when i saw the teamsheet it was clear to see that the only creative threat came from left back, then maybe osman and lastly Barkley. QPR arent stupid, they can see this and they know that if they nullify Baines then we will rely on Osman and Barkley for goals and if we rely on just them two then they have every chance of winning the game.... which they did.

Overall if David Moyes left the club tomorrow I dont know if I would be disappointed or not. I think there would be a sense satisfaction mainly because of his tactical inadequacies and would prefer to see a team really go for it and lose, rather than a team play defensively and lose. I think it would be unfair to say that he has done miracles in the last 2 seasons, because the squad we have is better than the squads we finished ahead of so he has merely met a minimum achievement. I dont see us finishing below 8th with this squad regardless of if he stays or not, I would expect Neil Warnock could achieve 7th with our group of players (not to say I would want him at the club, just an example.)
Can't argue with any of your points.

To be honest IMO if Moyes left tomorrow I might get some optimism back, surely anyone who is just mildly interested in attacking football could do better.

bry i want to see everton going out to win games not going out to avoid defeat,moyes sends them out not to get beat ,everton under moyes r not nice to watch full stop,bry getting beat 1/0 sat, qpr get a corner ten mins to go everyman and his dog come back to defend it ,what the fook is that all about ,beckford gets all the stick hes never played the lad 3 games on the run ,anfield last year the lad scores ,and was starting to stretch them 5 mins later takes him off ,end of

I have seen us play some decent footy, we are capable of it, but for the most part it's grim - i admit, but he can only work with what he is given - i blame him for buying a few stinkers like ( Bily, Heitinga ).

David Moyes Positives:

-He seems to keep the morale at the club at a good level all the time.
-He shows good bouncebackability by normally following a negative result with a positive one
-He has made some good signings for cheap in his spell at the club
-He seems to get the team up for games against the big clubs

Negatives:

-He struggles to get results against weaker teams
-He has his favourites and will persist in playing them, regardless of whether it is in the best interest of the team for that particular game
-His tactics are questionable, particularly when falling behind in a match, he does little to change things and often this results in a loss. Moyes fault for losing these games Sporting Lisbon (away) didnt go for the jugular against team with shattered confidence, Chelsea FA Cup final (closed shop after 5 minutes and invited pressure for rest of the game) QPR (Home) dont even need to explain this one.
-He thinks he is better than what he is
-He comes accross as stubborn and arrogant sometimes and doesn't seem to answer the questions that need answering
-His first 11 selections are strange. Again QPR, when i saw the teamsheet it was clear to see that the only creative threat came from left back, then maybe osman and lastly Barkley. QPR arent stupid, they can see this and they know that if they nullify Baines then we will rely on Osman and Barkley for goals and if we rely on just them two then they have every chance of winning the game.... which they did.

Overall if David Moyes left the club tomorrow I dont know if I would be disappointed or not. I think there would be a sense satisfaction mainly because of his tactical inadequacies and would prefer to see a team really go for it and lose, rather than a team play defensively and lose. I think it would be unfair to say that he has done miracles in the last 2 seasons, because the squad we have is better than the squads we finished ahead of so he has merely met a minimum achievement. I dont see us finishing below 8th with this squad regardless of if he stays or not, I would expect Neil Warnock could achieve 7th with our group of players (not to say I would want him at the club, just an example.)

That's a much better post than your one yesterday about wanting to lose tomorrow and so on.

I agree with most of it. I would say that, whilst I'd love a different manager from a tactical perspective, I do think without Moyes we'd be in a dire situation. If only because of how it might unsettle the players. He's been here so long he's a part of Everton, and not just the manager.

It's a lose-lose situation really. If nothing changes things aren't going to improve and if Moyes did walk (he would obviously have to walk -- he would never be fired) then things could get a lot worse.

That's a much better post than your one yesterday about wanting to lose tomorrow and so on.

I agree with most of it. I would say that, whilst I'd love a different manager from a tactical perspective, I do think without Moyes we'd be in a dire situation. If only because of how it might unsettle the players. He's been here so long he's a part of Everton, and not just the manager.

It's a lose-lose situation really. If nothing changes things aren't going to improve and if Moyes did walk (he would obviously have to walk -- he would never be fired) then things could get a lot worse.

Yeah, well of course deep inside I want Everton to win every game. I just hope that the players dont think that beating Sheff Utd will do anything to make up for one of my most hard to take defeats ive witnessed. With the games coming up after wigan at home, I seriously do think that 9 points from B'burn (A) & Villa and Wigan (H) is the only thing that can give me optimism of us even giving top 6 a go this season. The players are good enough and the hardest thing to take is that they never prove it against weaker clubs. Maybe its Moyes tactics though and thats why I have to question him.

I couldn't facepalm hard enough at the tactics and setup on Saturday.

4-5-1/4-4-1-1 at home to QPR with Beckford as a lone striker just beggars belief. I really don't get Moyes sometimes. Don't get him at all.

All of us can see this stuff, why can't he?

I couldn't facepalm hard enough at the tactics and setup on Saturday.

4-5-1/4-4-1-1 at home to QPR with Beckford as a lone striker just beggars belief. I really don't get Moyes sometimes. Don't get him at all.

All of us can see this stuff, why can't he?

Would really like to see Xecutioner'sbong opinion on the tactics.

Would really like to see Xecutioner'sbong opinion on the tactics.

Well he sees it as a 4-4-2, but why was Beckford having to do the hold-up work if that was the case?

Was well proven last season it's not a role he can do.

That article is awful. Wasn't worth sitting down with my noodles to that. Mentions big money signings, one being Van der Meyde who signed for under £2 mill and had unforseen injury problems but when he did play well, he had one of the best crosses I've ever seen. It left out our biggest signing, Marouane Fellaini, arguably the best defensive midfielder in the prem.

I have seen us play some decent footy, we are capable of it, but for the most part it's grim - i admit, but he can only work with what he is given - i blame him for buying a few stinkers like ( Bily, Heitinga ).
its his team bry ,he bought it, them players we have got should be able to wipe the floor wih qpr, i duly backed qpr to go down sunday morning

Status
Not open for further replies.