"Is David Moyes Really As Good As People Make Out?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's "Hear, hear"

As in I hear you..
The correct term is, “hear, hear!” It is an abbreviation for “hear, all ye good people, hear what this brilliant and eloquent speaker has to say!”

This NY Times article cites a SpellWeb.com statistic:
On the Web, “here here” outpolls the correct “hear hear” 153,000 to 42,000.

Update:
As of today (March 30, 2010) “here here” is still winning (but maybe “hear hear” is gaining?):

here here: 2,720,000
hear hear: 1,420,000

There are many valid points in the article. Might I just add that Moyes has stated that he needs strikers and wide players, well all the players at the club (except Hibbo and Ossie) have been bought by him. He is the one to blame that the team has no pace, no width, no fit strikers and constantly go for the don't concede first, score a goal second approach.

What we need is fresh ideas and a manager who is not stuck on 3/4 of the team because he has too many favorites. It has left us rigid and unable to give players a chance because Moyes first of all has to find a place in the team for his many favorites. No wonder that our best season with him and best spells have always come when the team more or less picks itself because of injuries. Whenever Moyes has options he almost always gets it wrong, but when we are struggling to put together a team we get results.

like i said he's one of the best of a bad bunch ,good at tackling ,breaking up play.......thats about it...imo

overrated like big dunc imo

Fellaini is not overrated.

In my honest opinion I think he can become one of the best holding midfielders in the world.

If he signs a new contract he should become our highest earner, or at least parity with Arteta.

The correct term is, “hear, hear!” It is an abbreviation for “hear, all ye good people, hear what this brilliant and eloquent speaker has to say!”

Update:
As of today (March 30, 2010) “here here” is still winning (but maybe “hear hear” is gaining?):

All that tells us is that more morons use the interwebz than intelligent people.

Update:

Taking safety in numbers doesn't hide the fact that you were wrong.

Just like you're wrong about Fellaini.

one of the best in the world ,sensational signing.......all big statements for a slow ,can't shoot,avergare passer,poor in the air for his size player........all about opinions though eh...lol

troll.jpg

Troll

David Moyes Positives:

-He seems to keep the morale at the club at a good level all the time.
-He shows good bouncebackability by normally following a negative result with a positive one
-He has made some good signings for cheap in his spell at the club
-He seems to get the team up for games against the big clubs

Negatives:

-He struggles to get results against weaker teams
-He has his favourites and will persist in playing them, regardless of whether it is in the best interest of the team for that particular game
-His tactics are questionable, particularly when falling behind in a match, he does little to change things and often this results in a loss. Moyes fault for losing these games Sporting Lisbon (away) didnt go for the jugular against team with shattered confidence, Chelsea FA Cup final (closed shop after 5 minutes and invited pressure for rest of the game) QPR (Home) dont even need to explain this one.
-He thinks he is better than what he is
-He comes accross as stubborn and arrogant sometimes and doesn't seem to answer the questions that need answering
-His first 11 selections are strange. Again QPR, when i saw the teamsheet it was clear to see that the only creative threat came from left back, then maybe osman and lastly Barkley. QPR arent stupid, they can see this and they know that if they nullify Baines then we will rely on Osman and Barkley for goals and if we rely on just them two then they have every chance of winning the game.... which they did.

Overall if David Moyes left the club tomorrow I dont know if I would be disappointed or not. I think there would be a sense satisfaction mainly because of his tactical inadequacies and would prefer to see a team really go for it and lose, rather than a team play defensively and lose. I think it would be unfair to say that he has done miracles in the last 2 seasons, because the squad we have is better than the squads we finished ahead of so he has merely met a minimum achievement. I dont see us finishing below 8th with this squad regardless of if he stays or not, I would expect Neil Warnock could achieve 7th with our group of players (not to say I would want him at the club, just an example.)

Last edited:
in all my years watching everton i have never hated a manager mike walker included, cause no manager the catt, howard ,walter,have thought they were bigger than the club,moyes does and whats he won fook all, its all about him

Thats a fair comment Foxy, i respect your opinion more than most - bit surprised, considering the pressure he is working under and lack of comparable finances, don't you think he has overachieved and set unreasonable expectations? ( is that wrong?!)

Moyes works well with a shoe string budgets, small squads and injury crisis.

He might not get a team playing like Mourinho or Mancini but could they manage in the Premier league with around £5m a season? I doubt it.

At the moment he's perfect for Everton, with the lack of true quality and depth over the years Moyes deserves a lot more respect for the regular top ten finishes, Champions league qualification and an F.A cup final.

N.B - Fellaini, he is top quality and £15m is a bargain when you consider Diarra cost Real nearly £19m from a very skint Portsmouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.