If we qualify for europe its NOT because of our home support

Status
Not open for further replies.
easy kids im just saying it as it is. ;) Ye gotta admit its getting worse when we having a decent season. Its what I 'm saying. the street end always had the 'job' to vocally supports the team. It would have helped yesterday. The rest of the ground can relax and be the reactive ones if they like. A lot of other teams have the same problem With and old stadium like goodison a wall of noise when now and again gives the players a bit of a slap. More slaps more points!!

The Gladwys street is also the cheapest section of the ground. People shouldn't have to pay even more money every year just to be able to sit and not sing.

You should be moaning at the club, the FA, Sky, everybody who contributes to making modern football the 'spectacle' it is. Not the fans.

Nothing will get done so it's pointless passing on suggestions. I've gave up on it myself.

People don't wanna sing in case no one joins in with them, so what!! Just sing and have a go, it would look more stupid if you stopped half way through but if you are willing to sing and no one joins in, finish the song and nobody will bat an eyelid,

I done it when Deulofeu was warming up once "he's magic you know!" Nobody joined in "Gerard Deulofeu!" It didn't bother me but people just sit there.

Was in the Terrace yesterday. Am baffled by the lack of support or any kind of effort to generate support. You could hear a pin drop all match. Ive noticed as well that it seems to be a new trend that for some sections that when we get a bit of a slagging for it from away fans our answer is " oh we're too boss to bother signing at home we only do it away" Laughable. those who sit in the terrace these days should be ashamed and have no knowledge of the history of what that part of the ground used do and the noise we used generate. Don't give me the excuses ah its only Cardiff who cares. Stay at home then like the koppites.
Yesterday was a day when our players needed to be kicked up the backside with some noise. We got a lucky break to keep us in the hunt for any kind of European place.

Those who say a some sort of singing section needs to be organised are dead right.

5000+ Everton fans made a lot of noise at the Emirates last week and got absolute nothing back for their efforts.

So please spare me the 'fans don't get behind the club enough' stuff.

The match yesterday was largely dreadful, even if the result did turn out great in the end. What do people expect? We're supporters, not performing seals. We're there to react to what we see before us. Our job isn't to 'lift the players', that's the management team's responsibility. Who lifts the fans' spirits? THE TEAM - by playing well on the pitch and winning games.

Everton fans at a home league match against unglamourous opposition behave in EXACTLY the same way as every other set of home fans do in similar situations.

Singing needs to be organic, not organised.

All the lads who want to sign should organise an allocated section with the help of the club and try it out for a season to see if it works.

I said something similar to someone ( Oveido<nn> ? ) the last time this came up. No offence to the OP but it's dead easy for people on forums to say how poor it is, but it only needs two or three hundred to get together and agree a place to congregate and you're more than half way there.

If every thread about this over the last couple of years had got a dozen like minded fans together then there'd already be a "singing section".

Basically, don't blame everyone else for things which you can control, just sort it.

Weird thing is, if our support is so poor, then exactly what is it that makes our home record so good ? We make more noise at aways but our record away from Goodison ain't all that great.

I've even written songs mate, considered getting on to Alan Myers about it but he's gone and also being in the midlands I feel slightly out of touch for such matters.

I've done something with "z cars" but it draws on Dixie, the holy trinity, 60s , 70s, 80s links so probably past it's sell by date now.

As I said I've loads of ideas but not the vigour.

do you have youtube or soundcloud clips of these songs?

would be great to see/hear

Could the stewards stop 3000
People standing up? We're the ones who can take the power yet we continue to be dictated to. They can't kick us all out!

You'll get half the stand closed and the tannoy pissing everyone else off telling you to sit down.

We've done this thread at least five times before. There's nothing stopping anyone who wants to sing from getting together apart from themselves. I'd be interested to see it happen, make it happen.

Could the stewards stop 3000
People standing up? We're the ones who can take the power yet we continue to be dictated to. They can't kick us all out!
dead right mate...power to the people is in the peoples hands. But revolutionary zeal seems to have deserted western countries. I blame water fluoridation!

Status
Not open for further replies.