If we qualify for europe its NOT because of our home support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads, the OP is right. The street end is the singing section yet there's people who don't join in when it's Cardiff but will only sing when it's Liverpool or Man Utd. It grates on me. The lads I'm talking about are the ones who seem like they don't want to be there and are only keeping up appearances. They sit next to me, I should know. They proceed to sit there throughout the game talking about how crap Naismith is or about their weekend plans. Go home please!

Said it for a very long time, the home support is pitiful. It hasn't always been.

My mates sit row KK and do their best to get it going but the stewards are making them sit down now and that kills the atmosphere. Plus, a lot of day trippers visit Goodison nowadays and they aren't the singing type.

Used to really annoy me especially the "it's koppite behaviour" nonsense, being an arl arse "street ender" used to the place rocking whenever needed I couldn't get my head round it but I've come to accept it's just a different type of supporter these days.

I'm now firmly of the opinion a "manufactured", "choreographed" choir/marching band/cheerleader (whatever you want to call it) idea is the only way forward.

I've even written songs mate, considered getting on to Alan Myers about it but he's gone and also being in the midlands I feel slightly out of touch for such matters.

Really we need some young guns with energy to grasp the nettle endure the abuse they'll probably get and approach the club to try and do something official.

Vitally the club needs a hymn to match the effect of ynwa (not a chant or ditty) a meaningful song to rally the troops during the game, perhaps the club could run a competition and the "official choir" blast out the options on Everton TV with the hope some catch on.

I've done something with "z cars" but it draws on Dixie, the holy trinity, 60s , 70s, 80s links so probably past it's sell by date now.

As I said I've loads of ideas but not the vigour.

My mates sit row KK and do their best to get it going but the stewards are making them sit down now and that kills the atmosphere. Plus, a lot of day trippers visit Goodison nowadays and they aren't the singing type.

That's the price you pay I guess

Day trippers aren't as in to the team, but they are still paying for a ticket and putting money into the club

I had some Mexicans sitting behind me on Saturday and they seemed pretty into it

Status
Not open for further replies.