If we qualify for europe its NOT because of our home support

Status
Not open for further replies.
are we thinking all banners are kopitish?

that cant be.
we are going to europe, we have a chance to get our great clubs name out there...

No. There's banners and there's Kopite banners. Our's are off the cuff and often humourous eg the 'Sorry we're late - a bit of trouble with the neighbours' one when we got back into Europe. Their's are contrived and meant to be deep when in fact they come over as sad and deluusional.

Up until the 80s our two support bases were very similar and so was behaviour. They began to diverge in the 80s as they took on an air of arrogance and superiority, stoked up by European success and a sycophantic media. Their fan base also changed, becoming more nationwide and international. Now our behaviours are very, very different.

No. There's banners and there's Kopite banners. Our's are off the cuff and often humourous eg the 'Sorry we're late - a bit of trouble with the neighbours' one when we got back into Europe. Their's are contrived and meant to be deep when in fact they come over as sad and deluusional.

Up until the 80s our two support bases were very similar and so was behaviour. They began to diverge in the 80s as they took on an air of arrogance and superiority, stoked up by European success and a sycophantic media. Their fan base also changed, becoming more nationwide and international. Now our behaviours are very, very different.
Well said mate.
"we love cheese on toast"
A must banner when we're at san siro etc x

I love how our support isn't about well rehearsed songs for 90 minutes. I love how it's just noise. The fiorentina match comes to mind. Of course there were chants and songs and stuff, but it was mostly just sheer noise. Boss.

The obsession (annoyance is probably more accurate) is a recent thing, driven by the OTT media coverage of their stage-managed crowd events like the mass flag waving and the receptions for the team bus.

I don't know why every time we have a debate about the atmosphere at Goodison people bring up the other lot. The atmosphere at Anfield is rubbish for most games so I don't know why people feel the need to bring them into the debate. anaobody has suggested that the club should purchase flags then hand them around Gwaladys Street before kick off. All people want is for the club to set up an area of the ground where vocal supporters can congregate. At away games we've been excellent this season at Sunderland our fans were excellent without waving flags or anything stupid like that. Ultras organise displays themselves and make banners themselves, at Liverpool the club make them and give them to fans before games. The Park End would be the best place for a singing area. But the Park End is occupied by individuals who only arrive 1 minute before kick off leave 10 minutes before half time to get a pint then leave 10 minutes early before the final whistle. If our vocal fans moved to the Park End I believe the atmosphere would be far better at GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.