If we finish 6th...

6th place finish & Wembley: Good season?

• Yes

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The three people who voted no have greater expectations than most of us blues. We all want success but taking into account the start we had to the season and the injuries that have followed in their droves, a sixth place finish and an FA Cup semi-final would have been unthinkable. The fact that the squad has been extremely short of strikers since Yakubu's injury "non existant for a good number of games", is a testiment to Moyes and the players. You have to ask yourself how well would we have done if we had started well and avoided all these injuries. So far it has been a very good season in the circumstances, lets hope that trend continues.

1) Disappointing summer transfers (by our expectations)
2) Drawn out process to square away Moyes' new contract
3) Divisive Kirkby issues
4) Horrible start to the season
5) Crappy UEFA Cup draw (against Liege)
6) Injury after injury after injury

...uh yeah, I'm just slightly happy with where we are right now. ;)

I think when you factor in what we've went through this season then 6th and the Semi is absolutely fantastic, a great season.

But if you say to me now, 6th and Wembley, from here it has to be considered the bare minimum.

no this is not a good season its a fantastic one .......

yes we moan about the style of play me included but look at our injury list ...our start to the season .....crap happening off field and yet me are currently 6th and in the semis of cup

there are an abundnace of teams around us and below us who would take ur hand off if it was offered to their team ....bitchslapping is part and parcel of the game but you got to hand it to DM BK and the EFC SQUAD....thks lads

I'd definatley take 6th and Wembley after the diabolical unprofesional mess we were in at the start of the season. (Hang your heads in shame)

I do read some of our optimists saying we can catch Villa and finish 5th or higher.

Did you know on other forums, Hammers, Latics, Citeh, are all talking about catching us!
Does that mean Villa will finish out the top 8 lol

With the quality of football in our last few games, sixth will be fantastic!
However, with a better start, we would be embedded into the top 4. That's the only thing that still niggles with me.

Sixth and a semi final is pretty good considering the dreadful start to the campaign. I blame Moyes for that, but I also thank Moyes for pulling it altogether again. So I guess that cancels things out.

I was disappointed by the early exit from the UEFA cup. We spend a whole season trying to qualify for it, and then are out straight away.

I think if we played Liege today over 2 legs, we'd come out on top. It just so happened that we got a good (not brilliant) team at a time when we hadn't properly prepared for the season ahead.

But like I said, all in all a good season. Most notable contributers are:

Moyes (terrible start, but has come on leaps and bounds)
Round (I'm guessing that Moyes' tribute was fact-based)
Arteta (amazing since he was shifted)
Jagielka (brilliant season)
Lescott (terrible start, but has really improved)
Cahill (as ever, Mr Everton smells of roses)
Baines (great "first" season as a regular)
Howard (really solid)

Status
Not open for further replies.