If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillip Cocu is out of a job, Sure his time at Fenerbache was horrendous but he did wonders at PSV and has the brands connection, It makes the most sense to me.

No More Dutch.

Koeman - disaster
Brandts - has exactly won me over yet with his signings.

Philip Cocu - didnt set the world on fire as a player and lets be fair, after Ajax, Feyanord and PSV who else is there in the dutch league?, its like Celtic Rangers and AN Other in Scotland.

Or Olympiakos and Panathanikos in Greece, and we know where that move got us.

the cocu shout is just the very obvious one.

it cant hurt letting him team up with brands again.. they are a proven winning team together.

Christ we went out on a limb and just hired someone relegated and sacked and his career highlight is winning the welsh/greek league

so we are not in any position to turn our noses up at a multiple title winning dutch manager

Cocu is a Frank de Boer waiting to happen. The Premier League is a million miles away from the Erisid, Eridisvi......... dutch league.

We want no more jobs for boys mentality and then we want to bring in the Spanish Unsworth???????

Someone who learned under Pep is not comparable to David Unsworth who plays archaic hoof and rush. When did Unsworth head off to learn? He's part of our problem with his woeful coaching.

Arteta is the obvious choice. People are just too stubborn to accept it. There are actual grown men on this forum who still hold a grudge against him for Bill selling him to appease the banks.

Obscure shout, but I rate it. On Hasenhuttl, I'd be fascinated to know if he was considered last summer after he chose to leave Leipzig because he did great work there. Honestly, I'd love to know the process Everton went through last summer full stop. Did Brands have a big say or did Moshiri already have Silva all but signed on by the time Brands arrived? It's a weird one because we know Moshiri coveted Silva so much (too much) and it'd be a big coincidence if Brands also did.

Back on the Red Bull managers, I feel like Marco Rose won't get many shouts due to it being Salzburg and the Austrian league. But he's done great work and his performances in the Europa League are impressive. They were really hard done by in the semi finals last year (Marseille's winner in ET came from a corner that should have been a goal kick) after already knocking out Sociedad, Dortmund and Lazio. Their recent result at a good Napoli side was a bit harsh imo as it was a pretty even game from what I saw.

I was personally often impressed by former Salzburg and Leverkusen manager Roger Schmidt, who's now doing a Pellegrini and getting a pay day in China. It ended with a bit of a whimper for him at Leverkusen but for the first few seasons, he had them playing some great stuff.

With both these managers though, a squad overhaul and patience would be needed. They both play high pressing styles (Schmidt's is incredibly aggressive too) and the squad would have to built around that. Like the overhaul from Rodgers mess to Klopps style at the RS.

A good thing about their styles is that we should be able to see the positive signs and what they're trying to build pretty early on. This is something that has worked against Silva, where it's not always clear what he's trying to do.

Iam of the firm belief that Marco Silva was on our payrol the day after Watford sacked him.

Mosh bunged him a few quid to go on holiday for the rest of the season and maybe start scouting the players he wanted.

The Southampton job came up during his" holiday" and Silva's name wasn't even linked.

Mosh then went chasing Brandts to form the dream team.

Just my opinion.

No More Dutch.

Koeman - disaster
Brandts - has exactly won me over yet with his signings.

Philip Cocu - didnt set the world on fire as a player and lets be fair, after Ajax, Feyanord and PSV who else is there in the dutch league?, its like Celtic Rangers and AN Other in Scotland.

Or Olympiakos and Panathanikos in Greece, and we know where that move got us.
That's fair but every time we've gone for a manager who has been in the PL he's been utter gash, I wouldn't say Cocu is my first choice but he's unemployed and has worked with Brands before so it's an ideal situation.
My first choice would be Fonseca tbh.

Someone who learned under Pep is not comparable to David Unsworth who plays archaic hoof and rush. When did Unsworth head off to learn? He's part of our problem with his woeful coaching.

Arteta is the obvious choice. People are just too stubborn to accept it. There are actual grown men on this forum who still hold a grudge against him for Bill selling him to appease the banks.

The board as bad as they are, won’t give a job to arteta who’s had no exp as manager. I don’t even trust the board to get it right if they sacked Silva ( which they won’t )

Unsworth = actually coached a team

Arteta = sits and watches someone else do the job

Status
Not open for further replies.