If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But thats the problem, our managers all seem to be in a constant state of panic.

Of course its results and the terrible job they are doing that causes it, but at some point we need to give somebody time, prolly not this Jarg Jose tho.
Jose is defensive minded. The only thing Silva has in common with him is that they both have a face.

I like Southampton's glimpses. If they stay up (I think they will) they will be much better side next season. We missed a trick with Hasenhuettl.

Phillip Cocu is out of a job, Sure his time at Fenerbache was horrendous but he did wonders at PSV and has the brands connection, It makes the most sense to me.

Phillip Cocu is out of a job, Sure his time at Fenerbache was horrendous but he did wonders at PSV and has the brands connection, It makes the most sense to me.
they obv have a very good working relationship, and cocu has already proven he is able to make good teams with the players brands provides.

its a no brainer for me really.

there are lots of mitigating factors why fenerbache have crashed, its not all on cocu.

they obv have a very good working relationship, and cocu has already proven he is able to make good teams with the players brands provides.

its a no brainer for me really.

there are lots of mitigating factors why fenerbache have crashed, its not all on cocu.
Yeah I don't know all the details about the Cocu/Fenerbache tenure but I thought I would include it anyway. We wouldn't have to pay compo for him from another club.
Brands KNOWS what players he likes. It really is a no brainer.

Yeah I don't know all the details about the Cocu/Fenerbache tenure but I thought I would include it anyway. We wouldn't have to pay compo for him from another club.
Brands KNOWS what players he likes. It really is a no brainer.

I don't think it can be any worse than what we have..

cocu can organise a defense… his stats at PSV are very very good.

played 179 won 123 drawn 28 lost 28 for 410 against 184

It’s the Eredivisie. I’ve been to a good number of Eredivisie games....trust me, our defence would be tight in that league. Hell, a defence of Richard Wright, Earl Barrett, Per Kroldrup, Anthony Williams and Leighton Baines would be majestic there.

I see, Honestly I don't follow much of the other leagues but I did hear mumbles about Cocu doing a great job as PSV so I'm just going off vague memory here.
He did a great job, but not in such taxing circumstances as he would have if he rocked up at Goodison. The Premier League is a fractious place. And anyway, we’d want him sacked after a 1-1 pre-season draw away at Go Ahead Eagles.

Great point.

Let us hire another manager that has been sacked from his previous job, never won anything of note and only connection is Brands. You know despite the idea that he only got the PSV job as they hire internally and he wasn't exactly achieving anything elsewhere.

Or the fact he did well in a league where Steve Mclaren won the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.