If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to follow the death spiral of:

PNE
Wigan
Southampton
Watford

with ...

Bournemouth.

this with bells on..

we need to get a winner in. ideally a winner in a big euro league or south America.

who that might be I don't know.

a manager over performing in the premier league who has proven himself in the championship is Chris Hughton

i am not advocating Hughton getting our job, BUT he isn't flavour of the month, he is proven in the premier league and a very small budget. he would very much be like us going for Moyes when we did, but you have to say Hughton has much better credentials. he would be seen as safe hands I think, rather than a progressive coach.

depends what Moshiri wants... none of us can guess that

this with bells on..

we need to get a winner in. ideally a winner in a big euro league or south America.

who that might be I don't know.

a manager over performing in the premier league who has proven himself in the championship is Chris Hughton

i am not advocating Hughton getting our job, BUT he isn't flavour of the month, he is proven in the premier league and a very small budget. he would very much be like us going for Moyes when we did, but you have to say Hughton has much better credentials. he would be seen as safe hands I think, rather than a progressive coach.

depends what Moshiri wants... none of us can guess that
I believe Hughton is actually older than Moyes!

We won't get any manager with real ambitions. The people who really run this club don't have any ambition so why would any manager with it come here? That's why we can only get also-rans who are content to play pasty for the powers that be. We'll only get another no-mark in when Silva gets the bullet, we can only hope that he serves up a slightly better level of garbage then the last four clowns have.

I don't know who but I'd like someone experienced, say 10-15 years plus in management, and someone with snide.

I prefer authoritarian, cranky managers who can put a poker up someone's backside as well as rile the opposition.

Perhaps if we acknowledge the state we are in and look for someone who can address that whilst at the same time wanting to progress the club?

It wouldn't be a galactico manager and for various reasons that's not what we need anyway.

Conte would be my ideal in a fantasy world - I love his passion. We need a big character on the touchline.

There is this template now that managers must be young, foreign, and progressive but that doesn't always make for the right choice.
Welcome home Moyesiah

I would have Moyes back. Always thought he did a stellar job for us and his reign looks even better in hindsight. We are onto our fifth manager in five years since Moyes left and none of them have matched his accomplishments. It's time to bring him home.

We need someone experienced, who will build a solid and hard to beat team - it's as simple as that. Look at Lille, Dortmund, Borussia Monchengladbach or Inter, they don't have any fancy, young, progressive and visionary managers and they're doing just fine.

Its just dull here, the players don't care, Silva is on his and understandably you could hear a pin drop at Goodison. the RS don't even care about the derby. I hate that Klopp pities us. So let's tap up Watford's manager again, at least if there is a club out there that actively hates us it might make it the slightest bit fun again.

If we are talking about a manager to take over after Brands completes the clear out of rubbish and refresh of the squad in the summer, then I'd like Quique Setien. You would think there'll be more quality to work with.

If we need somebody who has to step in now and work with the current squad or take on the job next season after a summer of disappointment and little spending...then I really dunno. A Paul Jewell and Alan Pardew management team or something

Status
Not open for further replies.