2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
For 7m he’s been a great little signing for us, and always give his best, but his times up here and I think it’s the perfect time for him to go! Don’t deny the lad to go and play in the CL and challenge for trophies...Good luck to him,
7M was a great bit of business, he's 29 now so approaching the top of the hill 3-4 years and he'll be over it, if we can bag 25ish million it's a no brainer, lob it at Barcelona for Gomez.

I think he will still be at Everton come Friday. I don’t see any ins or outs this week. He won’t perform tho coz he’s got his heart set in psg

Everton show an interest in another clubs Manager and they are blamed for poor form, officially investigated with the potential for fines and dragged through the gutter by the media for years.

PSG show an interest in an Everton player with a long contract and are repeatedly told he is not for sale so they ignore that and vigorously continue their pursuit so much so that the players head is turned, form is effected and he eventually asks to leave. All fine and business as usual as it is just Everton.

Still dont blame Gueye though as who wouldn't want to leave a club that is stuck in a cycle of going nowhere and join a club that is going everywhere when you are 29 and it is possibly the best and last chance you will ever get.

That's debatable and to me the league position is irrelevant as we're not getting relegated. We'll still finish in the top 10.

What's more important is getting rid of a player that doesn't want to play for us anymore. Especially at 29.
Anyone who is misguided enough to think we're safe with 15 games to go and with the state of our form recently is deluded. I'd say we still have a lot of points to gain yet.

Let him go, put the money away for August transfer window. I really don't blame him to be honest. At his age it is a terrific opportunity.

Let's be honest here. We are out of the FA Cup, not getting into Europe via our league position and there are, just, 3 worse teams in the league than us, so we aren't getting relegated.

I would play a few more youngsters now such as JJK etc and tell everyone that they are playing for their positions next season as big changes will happen at the end of the season.

Not saying it would work but it sure as hell couldn't make things worse could it.

I would also have a look at the young 'keeper we got from Arsenal.

If Gana has asked for a transfer and is refused will he be happy to give his best for the club and manager again.
He has been with us for not much more than two years , has done well for us, but we have also done well for him and it is hard to ask for loyalty from somebody who has no long term connection to the club when a big name like PSG come calling. Gana will end up with a fistful of medals from domestic French competitions before he retires.

From an Everton perspective we are losing an important player, but probably not a player that has a long term future given his age and his all action all running style of play.
It would be far better if we could shift Bolasie, Sandro or Schneiderlin but that is unlikely and the transfer fee will allow Brands to sign at least the replacement he wants, now or in the summer.
When/if he leaves the manager and remaining players have to find a new way to win games , the old was not working very well anyway.

We’re not gonna sign a replacement with 2 days left in the window. What’s the point with the £25-30m? We are even running a higher risk to finish as low as possible in the table.
I’m sure I read that Most transfers in the windows, are mainly done in the last 2 days. So I wouldn’t be so sure about not getting someone in.

Anyone who is misguided enough to think we're safe with 15 games to go and with the state of our form recently is deluded. I'd say we still have a lot of points to gain yet.

I must be.

Or maybe I just see us 3 points from 7th and about 6 absolutely terrible sides below us who have to win 90% of their games to get anywhere near us

PSG just announced Leandro Paredes, not sure they'd buy two DMs in the same window.
I can’t get my head around messages like this and I’ve seen loads of Everton fan tweet this in the last couple of hours.

The Paredes deal has been virtually done for a week, obviously the final touches to the deal was sorted today. In that time they have bid 21mil for Gana and he’s put a transfer request in. Yet you believe all of a sudden they are no longer interested

If Silva sells him he’s taking the risk of losing his job. We are going to finish as low as possible in the table.

The other players in the same position are clearly not good enough/worse than Gana.

Silvas going nowhere.

7M was a great bit of business, he's 29 now so approaching the top of the hill 3-4 years and he'll be over it, if we can bag 25ish million it's a no brainer, lob it at Barcelona for Gomez.

I wouldnt bother with Gomes unless he starts hitting the form he showed for a handful of games.

Win tonight and we have 33 points the same as current 7th position and 14pts above current relegation with 14 games left.

We would need 2 wins and a draw from 14 games.

That's debatable and to me the league position is irrelevant as we're not getting relegated. We'll still finish in the top 10.

What's more important is getting rid of a player that doesn't want to play for us anymore. Especially at 29.

3 points off 7th and EL spot. There is still something to play for.

If people are happy with midtable 11th etc no wonder some people were happy to give Martinez the third season.

I understand it might be good to cash in on him at 29 but to think about some below par player now getting a start and the possibility of club getting beaten continually due to weakening the starting eleven even further? This is not a wise idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.