2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not about not rating him for me, it’s that it’s optimum time to cash in at due to his age etc

Sure we gave him a long contract so if he does start winding down we would be stuck with another high wage long term that we can’t shift.

We need to sell and reduce the wage bill and restructure due to the calamitous signings and contracts given over the last few years.

I think we just need to sell and throw Davies or Schniderlin in. End of the day, they're contracted and if they want out/game time they should want to come in and bust a gut to earn a place.

We're rebuilding. I don't think we'll drop like a stone with him gone. We'll finish top 10. Season is a gimmie and kinda over.

So just sell.

Pretty much confirms this season is considered a write off if he goes and nobody comes in. Think it's the right course of action if truth be told. Looking forward to summer and seeing brands go crackers. No excuses for silva next season though.

We’re not gonna sign a replacement with 2 days left in the window. What’s the point with the £25-30m? We are even running a higher risk to finish as low as possible in the table.

That's debatable and to me the league position is irrelevant as we're not getting relegated. We'll still finish in the top 10.

What's more important is getting rid of a player that doesn't want to play for us anymore. Especially at 29.

Who would you suggest of our midfielders could come in and do a better job than Gueye, mate?

Because frankly he's been outperforming both Gylfi and Gomes for the last 4 weeks by far.

Davies looks lost, doesn't know his arse from his elbow once he steps on the pitch. Schneiderlin is a liability. I honestly think McCarthy could be relied on to at least do the graft, but does he have the legs anymore?

He has been the top tackler and interceptor in each of our last two games, btw.

I think they are all similar level players so we would see similar level of performances until the end of the season. We then must buy 2 good midfield players.

I exclude Schneiderlein from that list though. He is the most able of our midfielders but his attitude is appalling and he can't be trusted to give acceptable effort levels. So he should be behind Gomes Mccarthy Davies and even the completely unproven Benningime.

We won't be hurt losing him. There is nothing to gain or lose at this point. Our season ended on Saturday.

Let him go for £25m. It's a good deal for all parties. Seasons over anyway and don't care waiting to replace him in the summer.

As much as I feel he is an asset, I think he hinders out gameplay when we're at home to the 'lesser' teams with his lack of offensive ability.

Good luck to the lad if he goes. We do have Schneiderlin, McCarthy and Baningime - who I think should be given more game time anyway. I think we need a holding midfielder that will sit in front of the back four with the ability to move the ball quick and protect the defence.

Save wages
Earn a once in a blue moon fee
Give our other players games

Sign someone better in summer.

If Silva sells him he’s taking the risk of losing his job. We are going to finish as low as possible in the table.

The other players in the same position are clearly not good enough/worse than Gana.

Once a player says he wants out then there is only one thing to do. As much as I like Gána he wants out so let him go.. Perhaps it could be a blessing in disguise and that God awful 4-2-3-1 formation will be binned.

Let him go,
Let him go,
Don't care about Gay any more,
Let him go,
Let him go,
Turn away and slam that door,
I don't care,
What all our fans say,
Let the storm rage on,
We were always gonna finish 10th anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.