2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument for not selling him is mainly that out of our five CMs he's one of the two half-decent ones (relatively), and is nowhere close to the highest paid of the five either.

We need another midfielder as it is, on top of Gana and Gomes. Selling Gana just means we need two, in the middle of the season.

Who do we have now as its easy to forget

Gana
Davies
Schneiderlin
Besic (loaned)
J Williams (loaned)
Baningime
Sigurdsson
Gomes (loan)

To be honest id give Baningime a game and bin all of them off in the summer.

Id sit them all down, Davies Schneiderlin Baningime Sigurdsson and Gomes and tell them that the remaining games this season will decide their futures...

I wouldnt sign anyone unless it was a key player who was available at a fair price.

Is it okay to not mind him leaving if we get a decent fee? Or are we skitting at those who think it might not be a bad thing he's going, and comparing it to Lukaku leaving?

Just so I know like.

The lofty heights of 11th must be down to how well he controls a midfield.
Again, the issue is just as much who are we playing instead.

It's not the contract as such, it's a loyalty bonus.

Most of them are drafted into contracts. A player foregoes his bonus if he hands in a request.
It used to be a player got 10% of the transfer fee if he didn’t ask for the transfer
The player surrendered his right to the 10% by asking for the transfer
Not sure how it works now and I’m sure PSG will give Gana a signing on fee if he goes
They obviously have told him to put in the request to push the deal

Yep the transfer request should save on some fee.. I would sell. His value won’t get higher and in a couple seasons his playing days will be numbered... we have the chance to take good money and play others.. who knows maybe sneids and Gomez can build something..

I'll actually be annoyed now if he stays as i want £30mil for him

lol

We’re not gonna sign a replacement with 2 days left in the window. What’s the point with the £25-30m? We are even running a higher risk to finish as low as possible in the table.

You really are a masochist.

Id take £25mil and be ecstatic with £30mil...i expect somewhere in between.

To be honest I really rate Gana..without replacing him we are 25% weaker..Him ,Seamus and Digne are the only ones who fight.Wish him the best.

I imagine those ok with him going are the same ones who have called this season off already yeah?

Yeah, that's right am one of them. we guys are in a transition periodlol

Status
Not open for further replies.